11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Just curious if anyone has tried adding sound deadening material to their Civic to reduce road noise.
I am considering ordering some dynamat, kilmat, etc to install to help reduce road noise.
Just curious if anyone else has done something similar and if so..... what did you use, where did you install and did it make a noticeable improvement.
If I end up pulling the trigger, I will provide updates to this string as well.
Thanks all for any contributions you have. LS

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Touring so it comes with the Bose system that comes with a little sub. Great sounding system just needed a bit more low end.
Sounds great now!!! Also did some carbon fiber touches and removed the badging. Just personalized the way I like it I guess....
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Thinking about removing the "CIVIC" badge myself to clean it up. Did the adhesive come off easily or did you have to use something to get it off? I have an EX on order which I should have in the next few weeks. Don't know how easy it would be for me to wire in a sub. Guessing you prob just used the same wiring and just wired in the better Kicker sub? Would have loved to order a touring but had to draw the line somewhere on money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The civic came off easy and I got all the adhesive off with no problem. The Touring tho, because it's all one piece was a pain in the ass. I had to get one of those rubber wheels designed for removing
decals. Just mounts on your drill and it took no time. It was only $14 at Lordco. The subs were easy as well because they were able to get signal from the Bose sub to tap into my new amp.
Very happy with my new civic, I traded my Acura MDX in for it because gasoline prices here in Canada are insane....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The civic came off easy and I got all the adhesive off with no problem. The Touring tho, because it's all one piece was a pain in the ass. I had to get one of those rubber wheels designed for removing
decals. Just mounts on your drill and it took no time. It was only $14 at Lordco. The subs were easy as well because they were able to get signal from the Bose sub to tap into my new amp.
Very happy with my new civic, I traded my Acura MDX in for it because gasoline prices here in Canada are insane....
Awesome! Yea, gas prices are stupid high here too. Not to mention food and everything else. I love Hondas for the drive "feel", quality and the gas mileage. Passing down my 07 Civic to my son that just turned 16 yrs. It has low miles(<120k) for an 07 and I am sure will keep tickin for him. I am anxious to get my EX soon. Just researching and buying crap for it to kill time until it gets here. LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, Great!!! There is a lot of stuff available on Ebay. I got majority of mine there. Me as well I have always driven Hondas. My first was the 1990 CRX Si. I've had almost all models made except the minivan. Had an S2000 and Element at the same time LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts