11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Someone scratched my beloved while it was parked, i don’t know who did it but it left a deep scratch.
Should i just live with it or get it fixed? Is this inevitable while owning a car? Having it painted professionally might cost $500 or more so i don’t know if it’s gonna be worth it. I know it’s just a civic but it is my first brand new car and it is heartbreaking. I don’t know if touch up pen will do anything because the scratch is deep. Any suggestion? :(

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
I mean i can afford it but i’m not loaded by any means. I don’t know if it’s worth it since i street park. I don’t know why people are assholes
Bumper rash is a fact of street parking

People "park by braille"

You can either put on those nose bras and "bumper bully" protectors that look horrendous, or just deal with it every few years

Is this really that deep a scratch, or would some compound and buffing not resolve it? The worst street parking disasters are the ones you get from people with pickup trucks or SUVs with tow hitch balls that back up into your nose... (I speak as one who knows)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sucks that's for sure. The first scratch is always the most painful. IMO it's not worth $500, I would just ignore it and carry on. Cars are meant to be driven and they will inevitably get scratches, so don't worry about it. I guarantee you nobody will notice it unless they're analyzing your car in detail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ask the dealership. The dealerships have contractors to do minor jobs like tinting, dent repair, bumper repair, rim repair, etc.

My previous car was a MB CLK350 and the service advisor was my personal friend. My bumper was scratched one time and he told me it would cost $700can to repair it properly but much less if I called one of these contractors. The dealership would charge $200can for this repair but he gave me the contact information of this guy. I called him directly and he charged me $120can for the repair. The repair was perfect and I could not tell the difference afterward.

After the 1st time, I engaged his work a few more times (I am lousy in parallel parking) . Note that this guy would only do bumpers (plastic) but not metal panels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That sucks man I'm sorry. You can try to get some correction paint and just dab over it. Just make sure you clean it well and use a couple of coats to smooth it out. At least from far away it won't be as much of an eye sore.

You can probably go to some paint shop and get one mixed for like $5 or so for a small bottle with a little brush. Or.....maybe there will be some aftermarket canards soon haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel your pain. you don’t have to live with it especially since it’s your new car.
fir that very reason I purchased dent besides wheel protection when bought my R. I wanted to learn from my mistake on not having some extra protection besides auto insurance as some insurance Co’s don’t cover everything.

You should be able to make a claim with your insurance. I did with mine. Just before you do the claim make sure you adjust your deductible as low as you can go say 150$
then you can always go back and readjust the deductible to fit your budget as it will increase your premium payment slightly.
Play with the numbers til you’re comfortable with the premium vs deductible.

I did this with my ‘08 si at 150$ and my ‘18 fk8 at 200 and my monthly premium is $160.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts