1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know how hard it is to install something like that? I think it looks good. But I'm not very mechanically inclined so not sure if I would be able to install it.

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Anyone know how hard it is to install something like that? I think it looks good. But I'm not very mechanically inclined so not sure if I would be able to install it.
It mounts with double sided tape. Hardest part is making sure it’s even.
Would not mount when it’s to cold out or it might not stick properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It mounts with double sided tape. Hardest part is making sure it’s even.
Would not mount when it’s to cold out or it might not stick properly.
Does double sided tape really stay on in the summer and winter though? I feel like that would easily fly off on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Does double sided tape really stay on in the summer and winter though? I feel like that would easily fly off on the highway.
It should be fine as long as it’s installed correctly. I had a CF one and it was bowed to much and it did pop off. I was lucky I was stopped. But mine was used and I had put new tape on it.

Buying this new and installed correctly will be fine. A lot of small trunk spoilers are just double sided tape as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It should be fine as long as it’s installed correctly. I had a CF one and it was bowed to much and it did pop off. I was lucky I was stopped. But mine was used and I had put new tape on it.

Buying this new and installed correctly will be fine. A lot of small trunk spoilers are just double sided tape as well.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very easy to install. In fact, a rear window spoiler is probably the best visual mod you could do as an introduction to working with double-sided tape. Clean window. Place spoiler on window without peeling tape just to see how it best lines up correctly. Use the top of window’s edge as a guide to ensure a straight line going across. Use a heat gun to slightly warm up application area before applying. Peel tape. Apply. Firmly press in place. Don’t wash car for at least a day or two afterwards. For best results, park under direct sunlight to let the tape adhesive to cure properly.

SpoilerKing is a great third party seller. Looking forward to getting this and whatever trunk spoiler they'll come up with for our new Civic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very easy to install. In fact, a rear window spoiler is probably the best visual mod you could do as an introduction to working with double-sided tape. Clean window. Place spoiler on window without peeling tape just to see how it best lines up correctly. Use the top of window’s edge as a guide to ensure a straight line going across. Use a heat gun to slightly warm up application area before applying. Peel tape. Apply. Firmly press in place. Don’t wash car for at least a day or two afterwards. For best results, park under direct sunlight to let the tape adhesive to cure properly.

SpoilerKing is a great third party seller. Looking forward to getting this and whatever trunk spoiler they'll come up with for our new Civic.
it does this is my car that keeps popping up but I had spoilerking as my sponsor for my 2016 Corolla and now for my 2022 Civic it lasted for three years

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've been on the search for some of the overseas parts on ebay and ran across this post. My initial thoughts are that it is a really cool idea for a mod... any thoughts?

View attachment 3639 View attachment 3640
Looks like they have 4 different spoilers to choose from.

Honda Civic 4dr 2022-present Trunk Spoiler w/ Center Cut (284VC) - $169

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Honda Civic 4dr 2022-present Trunk Spoiler (284K) - $149.00

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Honda Civic 4dr 2022-present Trunk Lip Spoiler (244L) - $89.00

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Honda Civic 4dr 2022-present Rear Window Roof Spoiler (284R) - $129.00

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts