11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of Snow tires should I be looking to get for my 2022 civic sport? How much should I be looking to spend? What about all weather tires?

·
Registered
12 Posts
For what it’s worth if you have the stock 18” Eagle Sports they are considered an all season or all weather tire. But depending on the climate where you live and travel needs the stock tire may not cut it.
Consider a set of 16” steel wheels mounted with snow tires. combined cost will be about the same as 18” snow tires alone but then you will save hundreds on a biannual mount and balance over the life of the tire. Either option will run you around $800.
my suggestion is get the best rated tires you can reasonably afford, because they are the only part of the car holding you on to the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it’s worth if you have the stock 18” Eagle Sports they are considered an all season or all weather tire. But depending on the climate where you live and travel needs the stock tire may not cut it.
Consider a set of 16” steel wheels mounted with snow tires. combined cost will be about the same as 18” snow tires alone but then you will save hundreds on a biannual mount and balance over the life of the tire. Either option will run you around $800.
my suggestion is get the best rated tires you can reasonably afford, because they are the only part of the car holding you on to the road.
where would I get such wheels? I'm not sure it is necessary. I rocked all weather tires on my chevy impala for 1.5-2 years in all conditions and had no issues. They were $70 each at walmart

·
Registered
707 Posts
All-season and all-weather tires are generally thought to be two different things. All season tires usually are not very good in winter at all. All-Weather are sometimes also called 4 Season Tires, which are certified for true winter use.

An example of such a tire is the new Michelin CrossClimate 2 https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-crossclimate2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts