11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback
145 Posts
I had XM on my old Ford Focus; it was nice enough, but the terrible audio quality meant I only really found it particularly alluring for long road trips. I don't especially miss it on the Civic.

· Registered
3 Posts
How often do you have to restart the stream due to a bad connection @Epplatte?
Surprisingly often, even with ample cell coverage. The feed will suddenly die and I have to fumble with the phone and/or the touchscreen to get it going again. Granted, it could be the phone itself or the app that is finicky, but if it was built into the car that wouldn't be an issue. I went on a mountain drive the other day, and the app was basically unusable (as you would expect) but the SXM in my previous car did pretty well in mountains. As others have said, I mostly just listen to old school FM radio now when driving. It's not worth messing with the app for daily runarounds.

· Registered
4 Posts
I will soon get a 2022 Civic EX. Although the upgrade to Touring is not personally worth the money for me, I am mildly annoyed not to have Sirius XM radio in the EX. I cannot understand why Honda did not include that, since it is very low cost for Honda to do so and the competitors generally include it. I assume it was just a way to try to move buyers into the Touring trim.

In any event, has anyone used Sirius by phone on the 2022 Civic? Does it work ok that way?

I totally agree with you. I am leasing a 2021 EX Hatchback that still had SiriusXM. I was looking down the road and saw that SiriusXM is no longer available on the 2023 EX-L model.
What a ridiculous decision. I enjoy that and have no interest in going up to the next trim level. And I was thinking of using it through the app on my phone, but I do not have unlimited data like a lot of folks. They did the same thing with the two lower levels of the 2023 HR-V. Maybe some common sense will come to somebody for 2024 models when I really need to start looking seriously. Civics still work best for me, but now..........

· Registered
4 Posts
we’ve had ours 1 month now and the wife’s back to listening to the FM radio. She’s not one to mess around with the phone every time she gets in the car and she does a lot of short trips anyway.
this is no doubt a bummer for us.
Agree with you 100%. I am not going to mess around with a SiriusXm app on my phone when I am driving alone on a trip. Why would Honda make this kind of decision? I am sure it has to do with the bottom line, but it sure has turned off a lot of their repeat customers (me!)!

· Registered
57 Posts
I bought knowing the EX would not have it as an option and it was/is a bit of a bummer. My last car had it and I was on it all the time. I do use the app through CarPlay, but it’s a hassle. Honda needs to fix this.

· Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if they could add it as a firmware update to the infotainment system?
Good question. I wonder if it would be that easy. It could be tied into HD Radio access, which I believe is tied together with this. Just about any mid-trim, and in a lot of cases lower-trim, Subaru and Toyota models continue to offer it. Maybe certain chip availability? Who knows.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts