11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon get a 2022 Civic EX. Although the upgrade to Touring is not personally worth the money for me, I am mildly annoyed not to have Sirius XM radio in the EX. I cannot understand why Honda did not include that, since it is very low cost for Honda to do so and the competitors generally include it. I assume it was just a way to try to move buyers into the Touring trim.

In any event, has anyone used Sirius by phone on the 2022 Civic? Does it work ok that way?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic EX meteorite grey metallic/grey interior
12 Posts
I will soon get a 2022 Civic EX. Although the upgrade to Touring is not personally worth the money for me, I am mildly annoyed not to have Sirius XM radio in the EX. I cannot understand why Honda did not include that, since it is very low cost for Honda to do so and the competitors generally include it. I assume it was just a way to try to move buyers into the Touring trim.

In any event, has anyone used Sirius by phone on the 2022 Civic? Does it work ok that way?
I just got the EX. I have an XM subscription with my CRV and it includes the XM app. I’ve been using the XM app through CarPlay on my EX and it works perfectly. I actually get more channels through the app, so I’m not really missing the built in XM too much. (I also have Verizon unlimited cell data). It is almost better through CarPlay because now I don’t have to pay for 2 subscriptions!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
62 Posts

I feel your pain. I have been listening to Sirius for 4 years now for 3 hours on the road. Honda let me down this time but I have been using the app and it is actually cheaper for the same tier thru this method. Seems to function great on the 2022 Civic Sport. I just hate having my phone hooked to my car. I guess I will live, but I feel like Honda slacked here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts