11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon get a 2022 Civic EX. Although the upgrade to Touring is not personally worth the money for me, I am mildly annoyed not to have Sirius XM radio in the EX. I cannot understand why Honda did not include that, since it is very low cost for Honda to do so and the competitors generally include it. I assume it was just a way to try to move buyers into the Touring trim.

In any event, has anyone used Sirius by phone on the 2022 Civic? Does it work ok that way?

· Registered
2022 Honda Civic EX meteorite grey metallic/grey interior
14 Posts
I will soon get a 2022 Civic EX. Although the upgrade to Touring is not personally worth the money for me, I am mildly annoyed not to have Sirius XM radio in the EX. I cannot understand why Honda did not include that, since it is very low cost for Honda to do so and the competitors generally include it. I assume it was just a way to try to move buyers into the Touring trim.

In any event, has anyone used Sirius by phone on the 2022 Civic? Does it work ok that way?
I just got the EX. I have an XM subscription with my CRV and it includes the XM app. I’ve been using the XM app through CarPlay on my EX and it works perfectly. I actually get more channels through the app, so I’m not really missing the built in XM too much. (I also have Verizon unlimited cell data). It is almost better through CarPlay because now I don’t have to pay for 2 subscriptions!

· Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
119 Posts

I feel your pain. I have been listening to Sirius for 4 years now for 3 hours on the road. Honda let me down this time but I have been using the app and it is actually cheaper for the same tier thru this method. Seems to function great on the 2022 Civic Sport. I just hate having my phone hooked to my car. I guess I will live, but I feel like Honda slacked here.

· Registered
2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Just got a 2022 Civic Sport... I was expecting Sirius XM to be included since it had been with my last 2 Civics. But it was a big bummer to find out that it's not included, and worse, not even an option. So yes, I've been listening to Sirius XM via my phone via the Bluetooth connection. It's hardly an issue, but it's a minor inconvenience switching stations, for sure. I'm also having a problem figuring out a good place for a magnetic phone mount - haven't found one yet, so my phone just rests in the cup holder for the time being. Any suggestions?

· Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
336 Posts
Just got a 2022 Civic Sport... I was expecting Sirius XM to be included since it had been with my last 2 Civics. But it was a big bummer to find out that it's not included, and worse, not even an option. So yes, I've been listening to Sirius XM via my phone via the Bluetooth connection.
Yep. Only available on the Touring Sedan or Sport Touring Hatch. At his point in time, SXM should be standard on all vehicles.

· Registered
1 Posts

In any event, has anyone used Sirius by phone on the 2022 Civic? Does it work ok that way

I just got mine. I was wondering that too. I am still learning about the features. It works with YouTube music so I'm sure it my Sirius app will work.

· Registered
192 Posts
The SIRI user interface on the Sport Touring is OK, but it's nowhere as well designed in my '18 BMW.

If you want SIRI, get yourself a good aftermarket device. Of course, AirPlay works, but I don't like the inability to easily change channels.

· Registered
14 Posts
For BSKX:

I put in a magnetic phone mount and was quite happy with how it turned out
I didn't like the idea of something on the dashboard extending towards me

The mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07726TH68

The velcro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8D9F5Z

This was my best solution after ordering a dozen or so types.
Rip the crap out of the bottom of the mount, removing the sticky suction cup and all the latch mechanism crap. Took about 5 minutes with plyers and a hammer/screwdriver
That leaves you with a hollow inverted bowl shaped bottom.
Cut out and superglued a piece of thin plastic to the rim, making a bottom for it
Add a few strips of industrial velcro to the bottom to the plastic, let it set for a day, put the corresponding velcro on the back of the screen and let that set for day
Almost perfectly steady, phone just hangs between console and screen, and mount can be ripped off the back whenever needed in the future for service

Everything except the stalk is completely out of line of sight to both passenger and driver, which was the point of my method

Hood Automotive mirror Car Automotive design Mirror

· Registered
1 Posts
I have an EX too and hate using my phone for Sirius. Changing channels is a hassle and I miss having bookmarks for favorite songs, bands, etc. I bought a Sirius Onyz radio and can't get it to connect through FM. I don't see an AUX input anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
2022 Civic Sport Ralleye Red
57 Posts
I’m not a fan of the app either. I miss XM in my other vehicle. Right now I’m just using the FM radio, which is weird for being 2022.

Im following as well to see what people suggest.

· Registered
2022 Civic Sport Ralleye Red
57 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to swap the radio to one of the touring models….may not be a cheap option but curious if it would ever be possible.

· Registered
3 Posts
Following this to see any additional suggestions, maybe aftermarket solutions. I mostly love my new EX-L, but this is the #1 annoyance for me. I bought knowing it didn't have SXM, thinking using the app would be fine, but in practice I'm already tired of being tied to the phone and having to restart the stream every time the cell signal gets iffy.

· Registered
6 Posts
Following this to see any additional suggestions, maybe aftermarket solutions. I mostly love my new EX-L, but this is the #1 annoyance for me. I bought knowing it didn't have SXM, thinking using the app would be fine, but in practice I'm already tired of being tied to the phone and having to restart the stream every time the cell signal gets iffy.
we’ve had ours 1 month now and the wife’s back to listening to the FM radio. She’s not one to mess around with the phone every time she gets in the car and she does a lot of short trips anyway.
this is no doubt a bummer for us.

· Registered
967 Posts
How often do you have to restart the stream due to a bad connection @Epplatte?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts