11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can people who have already preordered their Si please tell me how you did it. My dealer said that Honda is not yet accepting orders. In a different thread, someone said they were given a price of MSRP.
If I live in the U.S. and want heated seats, any suggestions for a good Canadian dealer (either Toronto or Montreal area) from whom to order? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer told me today, he can't reserve one or act on it in any way. Has no idea when or if they will get one. In the same boat as you. He also said he could not tell me the expected MSRP. Thought I might trade my brand new sedan on one if possible. ???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer told me today, he can't reserve one or act on it in any way. Has no idea when or if they will get one. In the same boat as you. He also said he could not tell me the expected MSRP. Thought I might trade my brand new sedan on one if possible. ???
Appreciate the note. Thanks. It makes me wonder if some dealers are more connected to the mothership than others. I live in the northeast. Perhaps I can call every Honda dealer within 500 miles until I find one connected well enough. LOL. Inquired about ordering from Canada to get the heated seats. Bad idea. Excise taxes and metric system on the instrumentation, I was told. Maybe easier to just install heated seats along with leather, after market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the same situation I'm in. I hear that people have made "custom" orders or just an order in general and my dealer who's in the Hendricks dealership lineup says they just get what they get and no one has ever done a "custom" order. Is this BS or is this just how some dealerships are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the same situation I'm in. I hear that people have made "custom" orders or just an order in general and my dealer who's in the Hendricks dealership lineup says they just get what they get and no one has ever done a "custom" order. Is this BS or is this just how some dealerships are?
I didn't "order" mine. I simply called around to the local dealers to see what colors they were getting in. After the MSRP was released, I then called around to the dealers with colors I like, to see who will sell me one for MSRP. After finally finding one, I put a refundable deposit on it. This just gives me first dibs on the incoming unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where I live near Boston, I’ve called about eight dealers. Only two or three said they even expect one to come in. The ones that expect one (it’s always just one) have already sold it for a starting price $3k to $5k over MSRP. And the colors have been only black. I called a few dealers in NC and VA based on guidance from a few other posts here, and no luck. I’m looking for an orange at MSRP. I’ll wait for a year if I need to. But I’ve read some articles that said the chip shortage should start to ease spring to summer. Hopefully by that time the dealers will be getting a few more ‘22 Si in a variety of colors and will be willing to go back to MSRP or below. Oh! How I long for good old days of haggling!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A dealership in Quebec explained that the bigger the list of people interested in getting a specific car of a specific color, the higher the chance Honda is going to prioritize that particular dealership and fulfill those orders faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm still looking for a dealership in the Atlanta or North/Middle Georgia area. I still haven't found anything. They keep giving me the same explanation that they know about the SI but they don't have anything ordered or coming downrange, and that they can't "order" cars and they get whatever corporate/Honda gives them. I'm thinking I might need to go out of state... but then I have to deal with plates and all that madness to transfer to Georgia. Any suggestions or is it a keep calling thing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your experience is basically mine. Keep calling to out of state or keep waiting. Those seem to be my options too. If you wait, you’ll likely get MSRP or below, as the market eventually cools off. If you want it badly enough, then out of state purchase is not too bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your experience is basically mine. Keep calling to out of state or keep waiting. Those seem to be my options too. If you wait, you’ll likely get MSRP or below, as the market eventually cools off. If you want it badly enough, then out of state purchase is not too bad.
I'm in a bit of a hiccup though. My wife just wrecked my 2022 Honda Civic that we didn't even have for a month and didn't even put 500 miles on when a semi-truck swerved into her on the highway. Naturally, I had GAP through my bank, and yeah the car was totaled. :cry: But because I had GAP I found out that if I purchase a car within 30 days of the payoff they will apply $1000 towards the next car I purchase. So I'm looking to finalize something. Granted I know they don't have VINS yet and they're not going to be delivered until December, but I was wondering if I could drug deal something with a dealership where if they get a BOM in late November that had a VIN and a buildout with a price and so on I could use that to re-apply for my loan. When I bought the 22 Civic I waited about 3 weeks for it to be delivered, but the dealer had a sheet with the buildout and VIN# so I was able to finalize my loan in like a week. But if I can't drug deal anything then whatever, I still want the SI, I just don't want to wait so long that they're either sold out or there's a bigger markup due to demand. But if it's going to be this hard and take this long I'm debating on holding out until the Type-R comes out next year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in a bit of a hiccup though. My wife just wrecked my 2022 Honda Civic that we didn't even have for a month and didn't even put 500 miles on when a semi-truck swerved into her on the highway. Naturally, I had GAP through my bank, and yeah the car was totaled. :cry: But because I had GAP I found out that if I purchase a car within 30 days of the payoff they will apply $1000 towards the next car I purchase. So I'm looking to finalize something. Granted I know they don't have VINS yet and they're not going to be delivered until December, but I was wondering if I could drug deal something with a dealership where if they get a BOM in late November that had a VIN and a buildout with a price and so on I could use that to re-apply for my loan. When I bought the 22 Civic I waited about 3 weeks for it to be delivered, but the dealer had a sheet with the buildout and VIN# so I was able to finalize my loan in like a week. But if I can't drug deal anything then whatever, I still want the SI, I just don't want to wait so long that they're either sold out or there's a bigger markup due to demand. But if it's going to be this hard and take this long I'm debating on holding out until the Type-R comes out next year.
I saw on the other 11th gen forum that a dealer near Pittsburg got an Orange one in today. No word on price though. If you're willing to travel a bit. Honda World in Louisville KY is getting an SGP one soon It's supposed to be built this month. I am under the impression they will sell at MSRP. However, that is my least favorite color, so I didn't pursue the deal any further.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw on the other 11th gen forum that a dealer near Pittsburg got an Orange one in today. No word on price though. If you're willing to travel a bit. Honda World in Louisville KY is getting an SGP one soon It's supposed to be built this month. I am under the impression they will sell at MSRP. However, that is my least favorite color, so I didn't pursue the deal any further.
Can you please specify which dealer near Pittsburg? I’m sure there are a lot. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where I live near Boston, I’ve called about eight dealers. Only two or three said they even expect one to come in. The ones that expect one (it’s always just one) have already sold it for a starting price $3k to $5k over MSRP. And the colors have been only black. I called a few dealers in NC and VA based on guidance from a few other posts here, and no luck. I’m looking for an orange at MSRP. I’ll wait for a year if I need to. But I’ve read some articles that said the chip shortage should start to ease spring to summer. Hopefully by that time the dealers will be getting a few more ‘22 Si in a variety of colors and will be willing to go back to MSRP or below. Oh! How I long for good old days of haggling!
As of a few days ago there’s a sonic gray coming in at JL Freed Honda outside of Philly. Don’t know if they are asking MSRP or not but ask for Eric H. and say Brendan sent you if you’re interested!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you please specify which dealer near Pittsburg? I’m sure there are a lot. Thanks.
Ha its Washington Honda. As a Pittsburgh native I had called around and when they said they were getting one in that color I had passed. I ended up calling another dealer a few miles away that said they are receiving one in grey and I had put down a deposit on it. I am hoping it comes in next week at some point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha its Washington Honda. As a Pittsburgh native I had called around and when they said they were getting one in that color I had passed. I ended up calling another dealer a few miles away that said they are receiving one in grey and I had put down a deposit on it. I am hoping it comes in next week at some point.
You are correct, sir! How do I know? Well, yesterday I bought that orange one at Washington Honda. I started calling dealers in the Pittsburgh area. At about the third dealer they looked at their regional database and found the only dealer with orange on the lot. And for $1k over MSRP. Not good in pre Covid times, but not bad. Willing to pay the overcharge, knowing I have a great CrossTrek to privately sell at a premium as well. Thanks for all your help, burnyd! Enjoy your new Si. I know I will. And I get to take it on a 600-mile road trip off the lot! Woohoo, baby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are correct, sir! How do I know? Well, yesterday I bought that orange one at Washington Honda. I started calling dealers in the Pittsburgh area. At about the third dealer they looked at their regional database and found the only dealer with orange on the lot. And for $1k over MSRP. Not good in pre Covid times, but not bad. Willing to pay the overcharge, knowing I have a great CrossTrek to privately sell at a premium as well. Thanks for all your help, burnyd! Enjoy your new Si. I know I will. And I get to take it on a 600-mile road trip off the lot! Woohoo, baby.
Haha that's awesome. Have fun with the car hopefully my car gets in later this week from dean Honda.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
185 Posts
Yes I have also heard that "custom" orders weren't really a thing at Honda.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got a call from my guy at the local Honda dealer. I have a “January allocation” for a SGP SI with my name on it. I’m pretty excited. However, I don’t know what that means as far as timing.
Does that mean January delivery or build? Anyone know?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was in touch with a small dealership in NJ today and they don't have any on the immediate horizon. There is a dealer in Nanuet, NY that shows they are getting 2 (via cars.com) - I'm not sure if they are spoken for yet.

I bought a 2007 Accord at this small dealership about 2 months before the 2008's came out. For me, things weren't that different then than they are now. I wanted a stick. Although, the dealership had over 200 Accords in stock at that time, only 3 were stick and none of them were the trim that I wanted, so I had to settle for one trim level down. (No other dealer had the trim/color combo I wanted either, so no possibility of a swap). At least all SI's come only stick, so if I do manage to find one, I won't have to compromise on that. I have a son who won't need a car until Spring (he's going to take mine, and I'll be getting the SI) and so I can wait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts