11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Honda is having some success with it's cute little Honda e electric car in Europe. Do you think they will ever offer a fully electric version of the Civic. Or should they?

I'm thinking about how Ford used the Mustang name to help launch the Mach-E.

Based on the specs for the Honda e it looks like it makes anywhere from 134 to 152 hp and around 232 lb-ft of torque. Would that motor be powerful enough for a Civic EV? Maybe... maybe not

·
Registered
128 Posts
Makes sense I guess.

I'm torn between using the Civic's good name to sell these or coming up with a whole new line to make it "cool."

Regardless, the way the EV industry is going I think it would be more important to have an electric CR-V.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think Honda does need to make and sell an electric Civic in the US. If they don't do something soon they're going to be left behind by the rest of the industry. Fortunately for Honda they can leverage the strength of the Civic name like Ford did with the Mustang to make up for it.

I don't think Honda can rename the Honda e as a Civc and sell it. I think the electric Civic has to be a new 4 door sedan/hatchback.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think an all-electric Honda Civic is the best way for them to get into the EV market at volume. Not everyone cares for the typical EV styling and the Civic EV can easily cater to that crowd. It just shouldn't be the first electric model they launch. That should be a production version of the Honda e Concept.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think an all-electric Honda Civic is the best way for them to get into the EV market at volume. Not everyone cares for the typical EV styling and the Civic EV can easily cater to that crowd. It just shouldn't be the first electric model they launch. That should be a production version of the Honda e Concept.
The e concept is actually already in production, just not here.

I believe it's already for sale in Europe. I'm not sure about Japan though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts