11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is just an issue with just my car and I need to get it fixed or just bad design but my shifter had quite a bit of jiggle when it's on gear and I can easily push it up to neutral from the drive without pressing the button on the back. If anyone wants a video of it let me know but I'm curious if other people have this issue and how much play their shifter has.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've only had my Civic for 2 weeks, but haven't experienced that yet. I'd definitely have your Dealer look at it sooner than later.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only had my Civic for 2 weeks, but haven't experienced that yet. I'd definitely have your Dealer look at it sooner than later.
Interesting, I made an appointment to get it checked on Tuesday. Next time your in your car if you don’t mind checking put it in drive and then try to lightly push the shifter towards neutral without pushing the button, mine just shifts up and then again to reverse if you keep applying pressure. It’s only stable and needs the button pushed to shift if it’s in park.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting, I made an appointment to get it checked on Tuesday. Next time your in your car if you don’t mind checking put it in drive and then try to lightly push the shifter towards neutral without pushing the button, mine just shifts up and then again to reverse if you keep applying pressure. It’s only stable and needs the button pushed to shift if it’s in park.
I checked mine on my way home. I can push it into Neutral, but even with a little additional force, it won’t go into Reverse, without using the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pushing into neutral without the button press is normal, you should need button to go into reverse though.
Same thing I was thinking. I’m pretty sure this is Normal on most vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts