11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si Rallye Red
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2022 Si with 1800km, PRL stage 1 intake and turbo resonator delete.

With the beginning of warmer weather I am driving with windows down somedays, and find an awful noise coming from what seems to be the front of the car. Its not loud but its enough to bother me while driving because its not a normal sound. It sounds like metalic screeching/hissing from a hose(hard to pinpoint) BUT the noise never occurs when i throw the car in neutral and its louder when my foots off the throttle, rolling in gear

I made sure to check and re-tighen my mods listed above if they were the culprit, and check them for leaks. Nada.

Any opinions or people with a similar issue?

Could this be a part of the PRL resonator delete kit?(noiser turbo=hearing more sounds in the engine?)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have not heard any such noise on my Si, but I have heard of other Civic owners reporting that sound. My guess is that the resonator was designed to dull the sound, and when you cancel the resonator you expose the car to more intake and engine sound. Just my guess. I like resonators.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stupid question but do you hear it in sport mode or normal mode or both? The reason I ask is because I notice a weird rasp/ rattle when cruising in sport mode from the piped in sound. I don't hear it when I'm in normal mode

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 Si with 1800km, PRL stage 1 intake and turbo resonator delete.

With the beginning of warmer weather I am driving with windows down somedays, and find an awful noise coming from what seems to be the front of the car. Its not loud but its enough to bother me while driving because its not a normal sound. It sounds like metalic screeching/hissing from a hose(hard to pinpoint) BUT the noise never occurs when i throw the car in neutral and its louder when my foots off the throttle, rolling in gear

I made sure to check and re-tighen my mods listed above if they were the culprit, and check them for leaks. Nada.

Any opinions or people with a similar issue?

Could this be a part of the PRL resonator delete kit?(noiser turbo=hearing more sounds in the engine?)
Yo I feel like I have the same issue with my car. Just got my 11th gen about 2 weeks ago and I’m hearing the same grinding/screeching noise when I’m in gear and my foot isn’t on the gas. Is it something to worry about? Idk what to do really might have my homie take a look and see Wsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts