11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The rumor comes from BestCarWeb.jp (translated), and it reports that the next-gen Type R will be nearly a 400 horsepower (298 kilowatt) hybrid with all-wheel drive. According to the publication, Honda will pair the Type R’s turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with two electric motors. It’s similar to the NSX’s powertrain setup, though it’ll be reversed in the Civic – the gas engine will power the front wheels while the two electric motors will power the rears."

If true, the 11th-gen Type R will be a serious hot hatch that will easily top the 2021 R's Suzuka lap record.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, we could be wrong.
If the Hybrid rumors are true then a bigger increase in power is likely. Especially with NSX tech trickling down " The outlet claims the Type R will adopt a torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive layout with an electric motor on each rear wheel. Think of it as the Acura NSX's SH-AWD system, but on the rear axle rather than the front."
Still not sure about 400, I see a 40-50hp bump as the most.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Damn that's going to be a lot of power. I have no doubt the power increase is coming, my concern though is the price. Especially if they're taking parts from the NSX.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also, we could be wrong.
If the Hybrid rumors are true then a bigger increase in power is likely. Especially with NSX tech trickling down " The outlet claims the Type R will adopt a torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive layout with an electric motor on each rear wheel. Think of it as the Acura NSX's SH-AWD system, but on the rear axle rather than the front."
Still not sure about 400, I see a 40-50hp bump as the most.
That's really cool. So kind of like the RLX Sport Hybrid model. Except instead of the V6 it would be a high performance 4-cylinder.
Honda already knows how to engineer it.
The RLX wasn't a great package though and it was a bit of a dud in terms of performance too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts