11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 honda civic. Remote start works as far as starting the car. But no accessories such as heat, radio, anything at all works. Took it into dealership and they ran electrical diagnostics etc., and no resolution. They went out to their lot and checked 2 other new 2022 Hondas and they did the same.
They (dealership) have notified honda and waiting to see.
Has anyone had this happen and any resolutions?

·
Registered
81 Posts
were they switched to the on position prior to trying the remote start? as explained to me by the dealer, you have to leave on anything you want to come on by remote start. for example, you get to the beach, leave the ac turned to on and shut off the car. then when you are ready to leave, remote start the car and the ac will come on to start cooling the car before you get in. or set the ac to 'auto'. If your dealer doesn't know this, they suck. mine walked me thru all this at purchase.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven’t tried it on my Civic, but on my Nissan Altima, I was able to remote start it and if it was a hot day the ac would turn on and cool the inside, if it was a cold day then the heater would turn on.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
246 Posts
I had the AC on last night when I shut off the car. This morning it was 38 degrees when I hit the remote start. The front and rear defoggers were running and so was the heat. I've never had to mess with it. Seems to know what the interior needs when remote started.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
were they switched to the on position prior to trying the remote start? as explained to me by the dealer, you have to leave on anything you want to come on by remote start. for example, you get to the beach, leave the ac turned to on and shut off the car. then when you are ready to leave, remote start the car and the ac will come on to start cooling the car before you get in. or set the ac to 'auto'. If you're dealer doesn't know this, they suck.

Yes everything was on, even turned it to medium fan etc... absolutely nothing works. Ac, heat, radio.. nothing, just car starts.
I had the AC on last night when I shut off the car. This morning it was 38 degrees when I hit the remote start. The front and rear defoggers were running and so was the heat. I've never had to mess with it. Seems to know what the interior needs when remote started.
Ya my 2021 honda worked great. The 2022 is having issues. Even 2 other new cars on lot don't work either. They have a tech ticket in at honda for it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
do the heat warming lights come on as well ?
i notice when i get in mine the seats are warm but the seat heat lights are not on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do the heat warming lights come on as well ?
i notice when i get in mine the seats are warm but the seat heat lights are not on.
I don't have seat warmers in my car sorry so I can't answer that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts