11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
24 Posts
If anyone is looking for a new 2022 Si in red, there is one available at Norris honda in Maryland...5000 over msrp is the minimum they will go???
Ridiculous. I went and saw one in Iowa, they were solid on over $43k. I have no idea who would ever spend that on an SI, but I can promise you they will never get that kind of money back.

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
65 Posts
Ridiculous. I went and saw one in Iowa, they were solid on over $43k. I have no idea who would ever spend that on an SI, but I can promise you they will never get that kind of money back.
Dealer by me was asking 42 before tax and tags for a 6MT Sport Touring Hatch. It did sell, so I dunno wtf people are thinking

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone paying more than MSRP can only blame themselves for waiting so long.
I put money down in the amount of the msrp on my SI in August of last year. The car came in 6 months later.

Waiting 6 months for the car paid off.
When it came in, I commended the dealership manager for sticking to the price. He said "If we try to take advantage of buyers...we will lose our business"

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put money down in the amount of the msrp on my SI in August of last year. The car came in 6 months later.

When it came in, I commended the dealership manager for sticking to the price. He said "If we try to take advantage of buyers...we will lose our business"
Totally 100% agree. My dealer has been amazing: super friendly, prompt with updates, profusely apologized for months even though I never pressured them and on the contrary kept telling them “it’s fine it’s not your fault I understand”. Now that the car is finally done they sent me a new quote and threw me an extra discount that pays for the whole Floor May/Mud Flap/Wheel Lock/ Trunk Liner package that they couldn’t take off the car. I won’t use any other dealer even though these guys are quite far for me

·
Registered
88 Posts
^^^ Nice to hear someone else appreciate their dealership.
I have nothing but good feelings for mine. They have treated me very fairly for everything I have had done there.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I put money down last September for an orange Si. Car never happened. Got money back this week. Used it for good summer tires for our Gen 9 Si.

They have Integras available this year, and one to test drive. Sure feels like the Si was a tease and they are set up to move customers upstream. I drove the Integra but it’s a pass.

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^ Nice to hear someone else appreciate their dealership.
I have nothing but good feelings for mine. They have treated me very fairly for everything I have had done there.
Yea I feel bad they apparently have one customer who calls every single day demanding updated
I put money down last September for an orange Si. Car never happened. Got money back this week. Used it for good summer tires for our Gen 9 Si.
What do you mean it never happened? Dealers AFAIK sell out of their incoming inventory, so they must have sold you a car that they didn’t actually have coming which seems like a great way for them to get an 11 month interest free loan from the customer

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yea I feel bad they apparently have one customer who calls every single day demanding updated

What do you mean it never happened? Dealers AFAIK sell out of their incoming inventory, so they must have sold you a car that they didn’t actually have coming which seems like a great way for them to get an 11 month interest free loan from the customer
Pretty much. Was I actively lied to? I doubt it.

I do think they believed they could get a car from Honda this year. They did get one in an unfortunate color (clashed with the seats in an almost funny way) but that’s it. No orange cars this year. I recalled my loan to them. They repaid promptly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I stopped in at my Honda Dealer a couple weeks ago.
I asked the salesman if the SI's were coming in steady since I received mine. He answered that mine was the only one to come in at their place and there are no more 2022's on the build list for them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There you go. In the meantime, they have an Si like mine for sale, but a year older and more miles. Asking more than I paid for mine off the showroom In 2015. The world is strange today.

Automotive parking light Tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts