11th Gen Civic Forum banner

I have this issue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay inspect your rear windows and get back to us with your findings. Girl around the corner from me got a Touring the same day I got my Sport. She stops by my house the other day as I'm headed out. She says do you like your car as she parks behind me and walks up and she is looking at my windows. She shows me this and her car is doing the same thing. She already had the dealer order parts to try and fix this. My dilemma with that is they may make things worse after removing the window trim to install the new rubber. It appears that the rubber is not stiff enough to stay snapped into the window trim. So I do not know if wind. or the car wash wand is the culprit here. Wondering who else has issue with this trim sinking in around the rear tear windows. I see the same issue at the front of the hood which makes the bad bumper fitment look even more horrible. QC has gone to shit during covid at Honda I see. Sorry to bring this to your attention so it can now bug at least three people. But remember she started it.
Hood Automotive lighting Mobile phone Automotive design Bumper
Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to check and yeah it will never be the same but at least it is a single part not like taking my whole dash apart already :(
That does suck that it wasn't your mirror making the dash noise. Have they found the problem or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Issue just noticed with my drivers side front window. Looks like it's popped out somehow. Got quite a list going now for the dealer. I'm getting really nervous now. View attachment 4028
This spot is normal. The small rear windows are where my issue is. I am sure this is designed this way. The rear window trim is sinking in either from wind or the car wash. I appears to be a softer rubber than what is on the window above.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This spot is normal. The small rear windows are where my issue is. I am sure this is designed this way. The rear window trim is sinking in either from wind or the car wash. I appears to be a softer rubber than what is on the window above.
So I don't know that much about cars. Why would it be okay (normal looking) on the passenger side? The dealer noticed it and is ordering a replacement part. They could be mistaken just like Me, which is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Issue just noticed with my drivers side front window. Looks like it's popped out somehow. Got quite a list going now for the dealer. I'm getting really nervous now. View attachment 4028
This looks like it is part of the actual design of the molding. It is the exact same on both windows on both sides. The rubber that is failing is on the small rear windows and I think it is from wind. The rubber on these small windows is noticeably softer rubber that the rubber you have pictured above. Test the rigidity with your finger nail an notice the difference in hardness. The softer rubber is getting pushed away from the body line around the glass. I am not certain it is wind it may be the car wash but it should not do this either way. This will allow water to sit in the window channel and cause it to rust. Not to mention it looks horrible. Sorry it is dark right now this is my driver rear I am getting my 15,000 mile service at 8 am tomorrow. I will see what they have to say about this.
Sky Aircraft Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Sport Touring Civic HPD Sonic Gray Pearl
12 Posts
This looks like it is part of the actual design of the molding. It is the exact same on both windows on both sides. The rubber that is failing is on the small rear windows and I think it is from wind. The rubber on these small windows is noticeably softer rubber that the rubber you have pictured above. Test the rigidity with your finger nail an notice the difference in hardness. The softer rubber is getting pushed away from the body line around the glass. I am not certain it is wind it may be the car wash but it should not do this either way. This will allow water to sit in the window channel and cause it to rust. Not to mention it looks horrible. Sorry it is dark right now this is my driver rear I am getting my 15,000 mile service at 8 am tomorrow. I will see what they have to say about this. View attachment 4425
What came of this at the dealer?

·
Registered
2022 Sport Touring Civic HPD Sonic Gray Pearl
12 Posts
This looks like it is part of the actual design of the molding. It is the exact same on both windows on both sides. The rubber that is failing is on the small rear windows and I think it is from wind. The rubber on these small windows is noticeably softer rubber that the rubber you have pictured above. Test the rigidity with your finger nail an notice the difference in hardness. The softer rubber is getting pushed away from the body line around the glass. I am not certain it is wind it may be the car wash but it should not do this either way. This will allow water to sit in the window channel and cause it to rust. Not to mention it looks horrible. Sorry it is dark right now this is my driver rear I am getting my 15,000 mile service at 8 am tomorrow. I will see what they have to say about this. View attachment 4425
I see you've got the sedan. I've got the Sport Touring Hatchback and so far I'm not seeing an issue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts