11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my civic sport a few weeks ago and have taken in on multiple weekend road trips and have 1800 miles on it now. On my most recent trip, I noticed that on bumpy roads the car makes a squeaking noise. It’s only on the rear passenger side. It’s my first time owning a brand new car and wasn’t sure if this was common. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @AHDan

Where exactly have you noticed the noise coming from and what does it sound like it could be?
A video of it might help us point you in the right direction.

Add your vehicle to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry
I think it’s coming from the rear passenger wheel, maybe the shocks? It’s a very slight squeaking noise whenever I go on any sort of bumpy road at a fast speed. That’s the most I can say right now.
I’ll try and get a video sample but not sure if camera will be able to pickup the sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has exactly 1200 miles on it and i noticed today this rattling/squeak noise coming from the passenger side rear door/tire area. It only happens when I’m on bumpy roads or go over something uneven. Mine was built in Japan. How about yours?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think it’s coming from the rear passenger wheel, maybe the shocks? It’s a very slight squeaking noise whenever I go on any sort of bumpy road at a fast speed. That’s the most I can say right now.
I’ll try and get a video sample but not sure if camera will be able to pickup the sound.
Mine has exactly 1200 miles on it and i noticed today this rattling/squeak noise coming from the passenger side rear door/tire area. It only happens when I’m on bumpy roads or go over something uneven. Mine was built in Japan. How about yours?
Welcome to the forum @justin92
If you guys are able to easily replicate the issue, then showing it to your dealer could get them to fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my civic sport a few weeks ago and have taken in on multiple weekend road trips and have 1800 miles on it now. On my most recent trip, I noticed that on bumpy roads the car makes a squeaking noise. It’s only on the rear passenger side. It’s my first time owning a brand new car and wasn’t sure if this was common. Has anyone else experienced this?
Same noise, same conditions, just noticed it yesterday over 1000 miles under 1700 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2022 Civic Ex Hatchback with 1,893 miles on it and when driving on bumpy road there is loud rattling and banging noise. When driving on smooth road no noise heard. The vehicle has been at the dealership and they looked over it and said the covers were lose and they also found right front link slightly lose. I drove it home and still have same problem. The vehicle is going back to dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else encountered this problem? My 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback never had any noise issues.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have 2022 Civic Ex Hatchback with 1,893 miles on it and when driving on bumpy road there is loud rattling and banging noise. When driving on smooth road no noise heard. The vehicle has been at the dealership and they looked over it and said the covers were lose and they also found right front link slightly lose. I drove it home and still have same problem. The vehicle is going back to dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else encountered this problem? My 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback never had any noise issues.
Welcome to the forum.
Any guesses on where the sound could be coming from? Or what it sounds like?
If you could get it on video that might help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Squeeks remind me of a squeek I chased on a Miata. Spray some wd40 on the sway bar bushings and see if it quits. If so, apply some silicone grease to bushings. YMMV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts