11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I just picked up my 2022 honda civic EX around 3 weeks ago ( not even a month :cry:) and I got rear-ended yesterday.

I was driving in the Vancouver area after the workshop and on my way home, there was one old Benz keep trying to merge from 1st lane to another and vice versa to go fast.

I was driving in the 1st lane on right on the street and the Benz try to make a turn left? I was like wtf, so I changed to another lane to avoid a crash ( If I didn't change the lane, the Benz probably collided with me )
Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Art

and funny thing is, that stupid Benz driver change the lane again because there was a lot of car in front of that old Benz and this bullshit continued.. and there was a moment he or she or whoever tried to merge to my lane again, I just let that person go and CR-V from my back rear-ended me.

Luckily I had a dashcam and everything was recorded so I don't think I need to take any responsibility for the damage.
I knew it but I really learnt that no matter how I tried to do defensive driving if someone hits me, there is nothing I can do.

Drive safe guys and stay safe.

I think I am having a whiplash ( went to ER ) and will see a doctor tomorrow again.

*1st picture is after the incident and the remaining pictures are before towing car took it to the autos shop.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
51 Posts
Damn. That sucks dude.

Glad you’re OK.

Hopefully there’s no structural damage.

Good thing you had the dashcam. I’m seriously considering getting one. May I ask what dash am are you using?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad you're ok. Also the car looks repairable too. So that's a positive. Sucks that it happened to your brand new car. Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn. That sucks dude.

Glad you’re OK.

Hopefully there’s no structural damage.

Good thing you had the dashcam. I’m seriously considering getting one. May I ask what dash am are you using?
Thanks, I am having whiplash and I can tell my neck pain is spreading to the shoulders now.

In this case, I wish there are some structural damage so that I can claim it as a total loss. It's ridiculous, the 1st estimation given is around 8300 dollars, the car price itself is like 30,000 and the insurance company said it is repairable so there is no way that they will claim it as a total loss. I asked for depreciation compensation, like who will buy a car which cost 8300 dollars to repair? In BC, it's a joke that they got rid of accelerated depreciation claims.

I just got my new car 3 weeks ago, some careless driver rear-ended me and caused 8300 dollars repair at least minimal, and no one is compensating!

yeah, I am glad that I installed the 2channel dashcam. I just bought one from Amazon its those ones that you hook it to your rearview mirror.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That bites! But unfortunately it happens and the main thing is that you are ok.
yeah :( it will cost a lot of money to repair, I don't have to pay a single penny but it will definitely depreciate the car's value and both insurance companies get rid of depreciation compensation.

I am having whiplash and it's so painful :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you're ok. Also the car looks repairable too. So that's a positive. Sucks that it happened to your brand new car. Stay safe out there.
yeah, I am just having whiplash. I wish its total loss, 1st estimation is already costing around 8300 dollars and it will have a huge impact on our car when we try to sell or trade in.

I knew it but I really learnt it that no matter how I tried to drive safely, if someone careless just hit, there is nothing I can do :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts