11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try this out yet? It was 50 degrees this morning. Supposed to get up to 85. Had this sucker on between 15 and 20 min by time fully defrosted. Wonder how it's gonna eat through snow...

·
Registered
45 Posts
i tried mine and noticed it was VERY slow to clear off just the fog from my window, it took at least 15-20min
mirrors worked awesome cleared within minutes

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried mine and noticed it was VERY slow to clear off just the fog from my window, it took at least 15-20min
mirrors worked awesome cleared within minutes
Yep. That's ridiculous and I don't think it's because I'm being impatient or anything. In frost I'll have to warm up awhile. May have to just move to Florida!

·
Registered
784 Posts
@Burnooger & @kennyatshop, a possible fix is to reprogram the defroster.

This is how it was done in 8th Gen Civics. Not sure if there's anything like it for our 11th Gen models.
  1. With the key in the "Off" position, set the controls as follows.
  2. Blower control to "Off"
  3. Temperature control to coldest
  4. Mode button to select panel vents only (cannot be selected with the key off, so select this before turning the engine off before starting programming)
  5. Holding down the recirculate button AND the A/C button, START THE ENGINE. (Continue holding the two buttons) The recirculate button indicator light will flash for about seven seconds. Then the A/C green indicator light will flash on. The defroster is now reprogrammed!

·
Registered
45 Posts
@Burnooger & @kennyatshop, a possible fix is to reprogram the defroster.

This is how it was done in 8th Gen Civics. Not sure if there's anything like it for our 11th Gen models.
  1. With the key in the "Off" position, set the controls as follows.
  2. Blower control to "Off"
  3. Temperature control to coldest
  4. Mode button to select panel vents only (cannot be selected with the key off, so select this before turning the engine off before starting programming)
  5. Holding down the recirculate button AND the A/C button, START THE ENGINE. (Continue holding the two buttons) The recirculate button indicator light will flash for about seven seconds. Then the A/C green indicator light will flash on. The defroster is now reprogrammed!
I’ll give that a shot if I need to when it gets colder thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts