11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Touring trim. All of the info I found from Honda shows setting up iPhone/Apple CarPlay with bluetooth, but every time I try to use it I get a popup saying I need to turn on my phone's wifi to use wireless Apple CarPlay. Am I missing something? I'd like to not have to turn on my phone's wifi if possible. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe wireless CarPlay relies on the WiFi antenna to work, as Bluetooth is not high enough bandwidth (max of something like 1-2 Mbps) to supply real time map data and sound (and music) all at the same time, which is basically what people want out of CarPlay versus BT music

Bluetooth is used to pair to the phone (there is no WiFi "hotspot" to login to) and possibly to augment the data connection, but BT alone would not suffice for CarPlay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe wireless CarPlay relies on the WiFi antenna to work, as Bluetooth is not high enough bandwidth (max of something like 1-2 Mbps) to supply real time map data and sound (and music) all at the same time, which is basically what people want out of CarPlay versus BT music

Bluetooth is used to pair to the phone (there is no WiFi "hotspot" to login to) and possibly to augment the data connection, but BT alone would not suffice for CarPlay
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure because I watched every Honda video, and read the owner's manual and there was nothing about having to use WIFI. Not a problem though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts