11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
definetly

Yeah my older cars had it. I assume it's because they are pushing everything to AA or CarPlay now. BT on this car sucks, too, phone conversations are trying. It's very rudimentary for sure
I only had one phone call on it and it wasn't bad at all. It didn't show the name and just the phone number which I found weird but I didn't sync the contact yet so I hope that fixes that. I emailed the dealership asking about texting and let's see what they say. I just mentioned that I don't want to be stuck on the AA screen and for example if I'm using on board NAV I would like to see messages when they come in. Maybe they will have an insight on any updates coming that may bring back some features that older cars have like text messages.

I have to admit, I thought I was pretty tech savvy and there's a bit of a learning curve with all of the tech on board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I only had one phone call on it and it wasn't bad at all. It didn't show the name and just the phone number which I found weird but I didn't sync the contact yet so I hope that fixes that. I emailed the dealership asking about texting and let's see what they say. I just mentioned that I don't want to be stuck on the AA screen and for example if I'm using on board NAV I would like to see messages when they come in. Maybe they will have an insight on any updates coming that may bring back some features that older cars have like text messages.

I have to admit, I thought I was pretty tech savvy and there's a bit of a learning curve with all of the tech on board.
OP here--had long forgotten about this thread. Have had the car(Touring) now for almost 10 months and still haven't received a single text over BT when not in AA. As I wrote originally, that feature would sometimes work in my 10th gen and sometimes not. Can't really explain why it wouldn't be a feature in the 11s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OP here--had long forgotten about this thread. Have had the car(Touring) now for almost 10 months and still haven't received a single text over BT when not in AA. As I wrote originally, that feature would sometimes work in my 10th gen and sometimes not. Can't really explain why it wouldn't be a feature in the 11s.
According to the dealership it should still work without using AA. He said this

yes, you should be getting text notifications without Android Auto. You may have to delete your phone and re-install it, just make sure during re-connection that you get the prompt to allow contacts, and messaging (on your phone). If that doesn’t work, the next step is to do a Factory Data Reset. Go to ‘Settings, system, Factory Data Reset.
If it still doesn’t work, you may have to come in so we can check it out for you.

I feel it's going to be "have to come in" and them telling me it's not a function or something. I didn't get a chance to try what they suggested yet but will report back once I have.

I'm with ya on that, super strange for 11th gen not to have something as basic as text messaging through the system without AA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got around in trying it out again (been forgetting lol) and no dice. The dealer's email says to make sure that I allow contacts and messaging, but instead phone comes up which isn't messaging - proves it's not native to the system and messaging is only available through AA. I may ask again for fun when I need to bring in for service to see what they say.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts