11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had problems on and off with my 10th gen where for a few weeks or months at a time, when I'd receive a text, I'd get the pop up on the screen and have the car read the text for me and then for weeks or months, it'd just stop working. Always figured it was an update issue on the phone rather than the car.

So for with my 11th gen, I've not been able to get the pop message on my screen at all. Pairing is not a problem and I can make and receive phone calls no problem. If I'm connected to Bluetooth audio, I'll get the audible notification if I receive a text but no pop up/option to read the text.

I've paired and unpaired a few times to see if that would fix the issue. Using Android 11.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know of a fix?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum @geologyking

Have you tried changing the bluetooth settings on your phone? There might be a setting to allow notifications to show. By default it might not, sort of like how it doesn't on your phones lock screen, at least not full text messages.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had problems on and off with my 10th gen where for a few weeks or months at a time, when I'd receive a text, I'd get the pop up on the screen and have the car read the text for me and then for weeks or months, it'd just stop working. Always figured it was an update issue on the phone rather than the car.

So for with my 11th gen, I've not been able to get the pop message on my screen at all. Pairing is not a problem and I can make and receive phone calls no problem. If I'm connected to Bluetooth audio, I'll get the audible notification if I receive a text but no pop up/option to read the text.

I've paired and unpaired a few times to see if that would fix the issue. Using Android 11.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know of a fix?
Welcome @geologyking! Make sure you have notifications turned on so they pop up on the infotainment screen. What kind of phone do you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @geologyking

Have you tried changing the bluetooth settings on your phone? There might be a setting to allow notifications to show. By default it might not, sort of like how it doesn't on your phones lock screen, at least not full text messages.
I have. Not sure if Android 11 is the issue or the handshake between the phone and the car.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
I've also had this feature be touch and go with my 10th gen civics. When using apple carplay I will get the pop up notifications for certain texts (usually when they come from other apple users), but most android (and some apple) texts never pop up on the screen unless I actually go to the messages app on the screen. It seems to be hit and miss at best. I've tried multiple combos of settings and allowances with really no noticeable improvement in the regularity of the text notifications.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spent some more time today looking into this and went over the owner's manual again and there is no reference to text messages at all in the HFL section in the manual for the 2022s. Double checked my old 2018 manual, and texting is there. Also checked the most recent Accord manual and texting is also there under HFL.

Maybe this isn't a feature for the 11th gen Civics. Why else not add it to the owner's manual?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts