11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody has issue with panel gaps?
This is my passenger door on my 22 Sport I picked up yesterday. I didn't notice it until today. I'm going to try to realign it myself this weekend.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anybody has issue with panel gaps?
This is my passenger door on my 22 Sport I picked up yesterday. I didn't notice it until today. I'm going to try to realign it myself this weekend.
I understand wanting to do it yourself to get it done quickly, but isn't this exactly what the warranty is supposed to cover?

And if you mess things up somehow to make it worse, would the warranty still cover it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand wanting to do it yourself to get it done quickly, but isn't this exactly what the warranty is supposed to cover?

And if you mess things up somehow to make it worse, would the warranty still cover it?
I can see what they can do for me, if not I will do it myself. I've worked on my own car for over 10 years. I also own a Mk4 Supra and an S2000!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice job. What did you have to do to shim it like that?

And I still feel like Honda should be held to account for this being delivered to you this way - this passed both the factory and the dealership QA checks

Unless you gave a really close up angle to and it was not actually super apparent?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Newbraza
Have you checked out other Civics on dealer lots nearby? From what I noticed Touring models had better fitment. But it with a larger sample size I think it will end up having more to do with build dates than anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job. What did you have to do to shim it like that?

And I still feel like Honda should be held to account for this being delivered to you this way - this passed both the factory and the dealership QA checks

Unless you gave a really close up angle to and it was not actually super apparent?
No, it was like 5mm gap. Sticking out farther than thr back door. I got it down to around 2mm but still not happy. It's my first brand new car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts