11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer who gave me the best price on my new Civic adds $399 for a "Protection Package." Even if this package were worth zero, it it sill the best price I can get, so I am going to take it. But does anyone know what this "Protection Package" is and whether $399 is a fair price for it. Is it worthwhile? Not that I have any choice -- at ;east from this dealer -- but just wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What does the "Protection Package" include? Is it the film or the organization? The below prices are in CAD under Honda Canada website.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer says their "protection package" includes wheel locks, mud guards, door edge guards and pin stripe. Cost is $399. This was not presented as something that is optional -- it was a part of their offer to sell me the car. And even if these things were worth zero, this dealer's offer was the best that I was able to get. In other words, it was more than $399 lower than the next best offer I could get. So I will take it. I was just wondering if any of you have thoughts about this "protection package" and whether these items are worth the $399 -- or worth anything at all for that matter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it's a line item, then you can decline. Maybe this way - say you're ready to do the deal. You move to the finance guy, then veto that line while you're doing the paperwork.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One of my local dealerships had a 'winter package' that included a block heater, lug nuts, mud flaps, all-season mats, and etching for security purposes. It was way more than $399.

Another dealership had a smaller package that I had them throw in for free that I believe included everything above aside from the etching and mud flaps (?).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I will ask the dealer to not include this "package." It does not seem like stuff that I really need. Wheel locks, in particular, can be a pain the rear end. And I am not sure whether the pin stripe would make the car look better or worse. (I tend to be a pretty "plain" guy).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts