11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thank you the add! Just picked up my 11th gen Sport yesterday in Platinum White Pearl. So far love the car but cant get over the fishbowl look with no tint. I plan on tinting it right away (this week, will post pics when completed) I decided to go with Xpel XR Plus Ceramic tint, 20% on the sides and rear window and 55% on the windshield. Living in Florida, window tint is a must and especially a high end heat rejecting tint. I decided to do the windshield as well due to it being a huge piece of glass and thats where 70% of the heat comes from. Not only does tint reduce heat and add privacy but it also protects the interior against harmful uv rays that over time, deteriorates the plastics and fabrics on the interior. Additional to tint i will be doing a high impact area paint protection film to protect against rock chips, bugs and any other foreign objects that may damage the paint. This will keep the car looking like new until its time to part ways. To finish off the look, im having the roof wrapped black to tie it in with the already black mirrors and trim. I look forward to sharing the finished product with you guys! Thanks again!

·
Registered
643 Posts
First of all, thank you the add! Just picked up my 11th gen Sport yesterday in Platinum White Pearl. So far love the car but cant get over the fishbowl look with no tint. I plan on tinting it right away (this week, will post pics when completed) I decided to go with Xpel XR Plus Ceramic tint, 20% on the sides and rear window and 55% on the windshield. Living in Florida, window tint is a must and especially a high end heat rejecting tint. I decided to do the windshield as well due to it being a huge piece of glass and thats where 70% of the heat comes from. Not only does tint reduce heat and add privacy but it also protects the interior against harmful uv rays that over time, deteriorates the plastics and fabrics on the interior. Additional to tint i will be doing a high impact area paint protection film to protect against rock chips, bugs and any other foreign objects that may damage the paint. This will keep the car looking like new until its time to part ways. To finish off the look, im having the roof wrapped black to tie it in with the already black mirrors and trim. I look forward to sharing the finished product with you guys! Thanks again!
Congratulations on picking up your new Civic @Alfred! Welcome to the forum! Good choice on getting your windows tinted. What kind of PPF are you going to use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on picking up your new Civic @Alfred! Welcome to the forum! Good choice on getting your windows tinted. What kind of PPF are you going to use?
@Palmer8 Thank you! Im going with xpel ultimate plus for the high impact area PPF and STEK Dyno Black for the roof as an alternative to vinyl. STEK Dyno Black is 8 mils thick vs 3-4 mils with black vinyl so it would protect the roof while changing the roof color to black.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts