11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2023 Honda Civic Si (Aegean Blue)
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that ProClip now has a dashboard mount for the 11th generation Civic (there's also this thread about this very topic), but I'm curious if anyone has successfully installed this mount on the Si model. I tried installing yesterday (granted, I was rushed and only had a few minutes to try) but I found myself having a really tough time getting the clips to latch on.

I'm wondering if the red trim specific to the Si is applied OVER the grey trim on the non-Si models, thus, causing there to be even less space between the trim and vent. This is a non-Si Civic (photo from the ProClip website):

And this was a photo I took to try and show how tight this area is:

Really felt like I was going to crack the red trim when I was trying yesterday. Hoping someone else has had better luck so I can just give it another shot, or, worst case, we find out that this mount won't work with the Si, after all.

Any feedback is appreciated.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I ask why, with CarPlay, this is needed?
Certainly a fair question. I normally put my phone in the cubby just in front of the shifter, but when I need to charge the phone, it’s not a great place, because due to the size of my phone (iPhone 14 Pro Max), it basically puts too much pressure on where the USB cord plugs into the phone. So I’d like somewhere else to be able to hang it and not place any added tension or stress on the charging cable.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha, I have the ST so I use the charge pad but when I’m not charging it fits in my front cup holder (but the Si being manual has different holders too). Maybe get one of those little mesh basketball net style holders for the passengers side of the center console and keep it there? My OCD just makes me hate this dash stuff lol

something like this
Meltset M 4Pcs Car Storage Net, Black Seat Side Back Storage Net Bag, Universal Car Interior Accessories for Trunk Holder Pocket Organizer for Phones Charge https://a.co/d/b9zlIRK
I usually throw it in the cupholder when it's charging, but my wife and I usually each bring a water bottle with us when we leave the house, so if she's with me, this won't work.

And yeah, this would set off my OCD, as well, which only gets worse the older I get! 😂

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Water bottles for me go in the door holder, unless it’s one of those Yeti HydraFlask things which doesn’t even fit in my cup holder haha
There you go!

OK, so I will say ProClip customer support has been very helpful and responsive. This was their latest response after I sent them some of the photos I took of the Si's dash/vent layout:

Thank you for the photos.

I reached out to our production department for our mounts, and they mentioned we haven’t tested on the new Honda Civic Si models. However, due to being unable to guarantee a fitment we can offer a RMA or you could hold onto the mount while we have the mount tested and can reach back out as soon as this happens. Please advise at your earliest convenience.

I told them I'm happy to wait until they can get the proper testing done and if it's deemed to not work with the Si, we can talk about returning my order at that time. So we shall see. I'll probably take another stab at it later today or tomorrow, but it's not looking promising.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the ProClip mount installed on my '22 Si. It required a bit of effort to get the mount to click into place, but not an unreasonable amount of effort. I have the ProClip mounts installed on all my cars and have always found they take a bit of effort to get them to click.
It sounds like I just need to man up a bit. Did you peel the double-sided tape to expose the adhesive or were the clips enough to hold the mount in place while holding a phone?

Appreciate the feedback!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts