11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we can share where we take our cars as well as what we are doing with them. I’m cheating as our orange 11th Gen is still a few weeks out. Did see a new Si at the local dealer today, their first Gen 11 Si. Pleased overall.

But for now, our beloved 9th gen is the smile machine.

Vehicle cover Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Reactions: Zeroptzero

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough, but let’s please see your car nowadays. Someone in my area has one just like ours. Never met, but we have waved for years.

Any others out there going orange Si to orange Si?

And are you struggling with the idea to keep both?

Reactions: Danpool13

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There’s a story in that mud alhounos?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look closely at my avatar, there’s a McLaren license plate frame on our 2015. My “McLaren Honda” back when things were still sweet between them. When we were considering getting the car my young son said “But it’s McLaren orange!” Took her home that day.

Reactions: Zeroptzero

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you look closely at my avatar, there’s a McLaren license plate frame on our 2015. My “McLaren Honda” back when things were still sweet between them. When we were considering getting the car my young son said “But it’s McLaren orange!” Took her home that day.
The McLaren Honda days were magical, those were great decades for Honda sports cars coincidentally.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trying to stay patient for the new car but here’s a pic of my daily for these past seven years. Still a blast to get around in.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle
Just picked her up today. Coming from a 2015 civic ex Cvt.
Feels good to be driving manual again. The orange looks so good!
I was nervous to drive home and stall it but
the clutch feels easy enough to modulate and gear throws are much shorter, with a more firm engagement feel than I thought.
I just need to work on my 1-2 shifts. I think I'm giving it gas before the clutch is engaging causing a little surge. Also my starts in first could be a bit quicker.
The low end torque is a game changer on the highway compared to the 1.8l I was used to.
The only thing I don't like so far is the break in period. It feels like it's wanting to make power by 4k rpm at half throttle then you gotta shift. My wife said it's the automotive equivalent of "just the tip". Lol
I'm sure the 600 miles will go by quick enough! I can't believe I have one now!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts