11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clear film/PPF would certainly help quite a bit but it can be pretty pricey depending on the area you want to cover and quality of film you decide to get. Literally anything from a few hundred dollars to however much you want to spend 😂 Call around some Xpel or Llumar dealers in your area to get an idea.
I am going to do exactly that, call a few local dealers for clear film/PPF here in Naples Florida, get some bids and seriously consider getting it done. I’ve already invested well over $30,000 in my ’22 sport touring hatchback, So another thousand dollars to protect that investment sounds like a good move. Sounds like there might be a good base here for a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to do exactly that, call a few local dealers for clear film/PPF here in Naples Florida, get some bids and seriously consider getting it done. I’ve already invested well over $30,000 in my ’22 sport touring hatchback, So another thousand dollars to protect that investment sounds like a good move. Sounds like there might be a good base here for a class action lawsuit.
I took delivery on October 30, 2021 and now have 900 miles on the odometer. I feel like it is now broken in properly and I can hotfoot it if I want to, which I do all the time. I had the XPEL ultimate plus paint protection film (PPF) installed on the front, hood, fenders, mirrors, A-pillars and a strip on the roof back to the sunroof opening of my sport touring hatchback. Total cost $1800. This comes with a 10 year warranty. I felt like I did my homework and I believe I have the best protection possible. I wish I could do the whole car but $5000 is out of the question.

·
Registered
415 Posts
^ I would love to do that with the front end, I have Blazing Orange Pearl and something tells me this paint colour is extremely hard to colour match if needed in the future being such a multilayer colour structure.

I think Honda paints have been soft for decades, this was a common complaint when I owned my Honda S2000, every S2000 owner knows about this soft paint issue , so that is going back to the early 2000's.

The move to water based paint has made it worse. I don't know about the paint being thinner, that could also be an environmental thing if it is true. I had a Honda HRV in recent years which was made in Mexico, and they still used solvent based paint there and the paint held up well, the rest of the vehicle was junk but the paint looked good , lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m already having paint chipping issues on the hood by the wipers as well on my touring in white ! Go on Tuesday to speak to service about it. Already had issues as well with a loud rattle coming from under the rear deck which was fixed because something was lose. Very disappointed! Hoping the warranty can cover the paint issue !
Automotive exterior Grey Wood Rectangle Liquid

I have the exact same issue with my new civic, I have had the car for less than a week and never touched the wipers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guess I am going to have to keep an eye on mine for some of the areas pointed out, but no way I can personally justify PPF on a civic.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts