11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
86 Posts
True, and it'd be great if we could have a materials scientist or someone with better insight into the manufacturing process weigh in. But in my experience, just about any encounter with a rock typically doesn't end in good news so I'd be hesitant to call it a "problem" per se.
Precisely, I tailgated while passing on the highway in my red 10th gen Civic Si. I had a ton of rock chips in my bumper and hood because of it. I have paid attention and set the cruise distance it my white 2022 sport to prevent chipping. I change lanes a lot sooner than my previous habits and I have 7400 miles driven mostly all highway with 12 car washes. I have 1 tiny snag on the lower bumper from a small rock. I say the paint may actually be better on the 11th gen than the 10th but maybe giving some car lengths between me and other drivers was all it really took to keep my car nice and chip free. I will say that the quieter cabin in the 11th gen will make it way less apparent that you are taking rocks. In the 10th gen you can hear every one make contact with the panel it strikes. In the 2022 sport you will not get this warning, only the chips left behind from following to closely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow. That's a no go for me. Paint chips everywhere in the first year? Would drive me nuts! Sticking with my 10th gen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

I stumbled across this video on YouTube yesterday. This is the first video I've seen from this guy, but he seems like a true fan of Honda vehicles. Has anyone heard of this problem or experienced it?
I watched this when it came out and have been sharing it. FB 22 civic group has reports of chips and one guy even has paint literally flaking off of ALL of his handles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is there something one can do, when first buying the car, to minimize the risk of this? Like have some car detailing or paint shop put some paint protection seal coat? And if so, how to now which shop/process/product is good quality?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is there something one can do, when first buying the car, to minimize the risk of this? Like have some car detailing or paint shop put some paint protection seal coat? And if so, how to now which shop/process/product is good quality?
Clear film/PPF would certainly help quite a bit but it can be pretty pricey depending on the area you want to cover and quality of film you decide to get. Literally anything from a few hundred dollars to however much you want to spend 😂 Call around some Xpel or Llumar dealers in your area to get an idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Clear film/PPF would certainly help quite a bit but it can be pretty pricey depending on the area you want to cover and quality of film you decide to get. Literally anything from a few hundred dollars to however much you want to spend 😂 Call around some Xpel or Llumar dealers in your area to get an idea.
I declined the paint protection that the dealership offered me but somehow have a 2 year cosmetic protection program that covers paint chips and the like.

I imagine getting the paint protection is better in the long run but I guess I should really use the cosmetic protection program before it runs out. Maybe I still lucked out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I declined the paint protection that the dealership offered me but somehow have a 2 year cosmetic protection program that covers paint chips and the like.

I imagine getting the paint protection is better in the long run but I guess I should really use the cosmetic protection program before it runs out. Maybe I still lucked out.
Maybe make a recurring quarterly appointment 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m already having paint chipping issues on the hood by the wipers as well on my touring in white ! Go on Tuesday to speak to service about it. Already had issues as well with a loud rattle coming from under the rear deck which was fixed because something was lose. Very disappointed! Hoping the warranty can cover the paint issue !

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I stumbled across this video on YouTube yesterday. This is the first video I've seen from this guy, but he seems like a true fan of Honda vehicles. Has anyone heard of this problem or experienced it?
I just bought my 2022 Honda civic sport not even a month ago and have a chip on the passenger side just above the wheel well. It has only 320 miles on it and too have this happen this soon is got me very upset. Reading these post have me very concerned about what the paint will look like in 6 months. Of course I can touch it up but that doesn't fix the underlying issue. Feedback please. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
His video now makes so much sense. I have pearl white paint (which I paid EXTRA for!) and already have 4 chips on the hood, but no where else. Had to buy that touch up paint from Honda after 2 months of owning, not very happy to say the least.
Yea few days after purchasing two massive (in terms of chipping) gouges in a completely random spot; driver front fender, then noticed a chip in FRONT (I.e. probably not a rock) of rear fender. Also have small one by gas door. Paint is ridiculously thin just hope there is some legal action or recalls glad others have same issues

·
Registered
22 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
29 Posts
It’s sad that so many are having this issue. I ended up purchasing the appearance protection package when I started hearing these reports. Any chips, paint defects, scratches or dents are fixed. While it’s still frustrating, it gives me peace of mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Literally just found the same issue today on my blue civic 11th gen, do not even understand how I got it based on the positioning. If what he is saying is true in that video and it is thinner than it should be, that puts a bad taste in my mouth. Saw some people mention warranty, is this covered? View attachment 3178
That’s not a warranty claim. That’s a chip from a oddball pebble or someone opening their door into your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 9th gen SI and the paint is super thin. I like the way the new civics look but maybe I should just look elsewhere. Seems to be an issue with Hondas in general.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts