11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Trying to figure out how to go about securing an Si or Sport Touring 6MT. I've ordered other brands before (BMW and Porsche) but it seems Honda isn't set up for such. I see on this forum that some dealers can attach a name to inbound stock, and others are taking orders. The dealers I've spoken to in PA will only do the former, and none seem to have an Aegean Si in their next batch. I was also told to check back next week because they get allocations at the start of the month.

Does any or all of this sound correct?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes. Honda sets an allocated amount and the dealer gets what they get.

I have heard dealers will take your deposit and then may ask you for a range of colors you want and trims and contact you when they have one that matches.

Usually I believe you can ask to wait for the next allocation if the one they’re contacting you about isn’t what you want without reprocessing deposit.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
27 Posts
My experiance was talking with the dealer and them seeing what is being built/sent to them. They could tell me the exact model and what week that it was going to be built. I placed a reservation for a Aegean Blue Touring sedan back on January 6 and they had to do a dealer allocated swap to get the color that I wanted (they had a bunch of black ones coming in). They were able to approve the swap, provide me with the invoice of out-the-door cost, and get all the accessories I wanted installed ordered/ready. Right now just waiting for it to be entering production early February and then shipped!

Looking at when they have been getting stock that was built in January to their location, it seem to just be a couple weeks into the month. Excited for pickup!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll give you the production numbers I was given for my example (civic hatch sport 6MT) by dealerships, should give you a better idea of Honda's current production status. For the Civic, sedan vs hatch is roughly 75% sedan 25% hatch for overall production scale. Then of those 25% of hatches they said 10% are usually allocated for manual trannies, however in the lovely chip shortage nobody can avoid, that numbers down to about 1% of the 25%. So in your case the number of cars is probably few and far between you should definitely find a dealer you want to work with and start the process as soon as possible.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
27 Posts
So they swaped allocations with another dealer who had a blue one allocated? Lucky dog, Aegean is the best color and what I'm looking for too!
Yea! Worked out well because I didn't need it right away. No markup, at MSRP, great dealer experiance. Test drove an EX in blue and was very impressed. The color is fantastic!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes. Honda sets an allocated amount and the dealer gets what they get.

I have heard dealers will take your deposit and then may ask you for a range of colors you want and trims and contact you when they have one that matches.

Usually I believe you can ask to wait for the next allocation if the one they’re contacting you about isn’t what you want without reprocessing deposit.
Thanks for clearing that up I see many posting here about they have placed an order which give the general public and new Honda buyer missed information.

What they have actually done is only reserved a future or inbound allocation to that dealership.
Honda does NOT offer the option of customizing your car with desired spec options before it hit the dealership lot as other make brands do

So the correct statement should read something like this: " I have place my reservation for an allocation at my X dealer" it can be 4 /6/10 week to months before receiving a confirmation it is been built or in transit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clearing that up I see many posting here about they have placed an order which give the general public and new Honda buyer missed information.

What they have actually done is only reserved a future or inbound allocation to that dealership.
Honda does NOT offer the option of customizing your car with desired spec options before it hit the dealership lot as other make brands do

So the correct statement should read something like this: " I have place my reservation for an allocation at my X dealer" it can be 4 /6/10 week to months before receiving a confirmation it is been built or in transit.
Yes, this is very helpful to know. Thanks much!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll give you the production numbers I was given for my example (civic hatch sport 6MT) by dealerships, should give you a better idea of Honda's current production status. For the Civic, sedan vs hatch is roughly 75% sedan 25% hatch for overall production scale. Then of those 25% of hatches they said 10% are usually allocated for manual trannies, however in the lovely chip shortage nobody can avoid, that numbers down to about 1% of the 25%. So in your case the number of cars is probably few and far between you should definitely find a dealer you want to work with and start the process as soon as possible.
Also very helpful, and your last line is what I intend to do this week. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Trying to figure out how to go about securing an Si or Sport Touring 6MT. I've ordered other brands before (BMW and Porsche) but it seems Honda isn't set up for such. I see on this forum that some dealers can attach a name to inbound stock, and others are taking orders. The dealers I've spoken to in PA will only do the former, and none seem to have an Aegean Si in their next batch. I was also told to check back next week because they get allocations at the start of the month.

Does any or all of this sound correct?
Honda doesn't allow you to order cars. Did you find the aegean blue si? We have one here in akron ohio

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring White /Gray
1 Posts
Just took delivery of my Touring (White/Gray) last week. Autonation Honda is one of 4 dealers in Las Vegas. They show inbound cars (with real Vin's) on their website and require a deposit to reserve the car. No orders are possible. In my case, 2 weeks from deposit to delivery. They sell all new cars for Sticker - no markup. The other 3 dealers in town mark up with packages, etc. The worst case is a $6,000 markup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same here pretty much. I contacted a few local dealers and asked about a Sport HB with MT. One of them had a Blue one allocated for the end of this month. I wasn’t interested. I found another dealer that had a Black one coming about 70 miles away. Then I went to my nearest dealer, less than a mile from my house to inquire about ordering a Silver one. The Sles manager showed me a sheet that had Four HB’s with MT that we’re being produced on the week of April 9. He said these are the only HB MT’s in the nation available. It showed Three Black ones and a Blue one. I was wanting Silver but after learning the situation I told him to allocate me one of the Black ones. He seemed surprised that I knew what dealerships two of them were going to.
I put a deposit down. Twenty minutes after I got home they called me and said “We couldn’t get one allocated to us. Come and get your deposit back.”

So I callled the dealer who is getting theBlue one (The other dealer who I knew was getting a Black one wanted $3k over MSRP) and told him about the Four being being built this week and asked if he could trade that blue one for a Black one. He called Eleven dealerships before he found one of the Black ones to trade too. He texted me and said he found one, but before he traded for it he wanted to send me a proposal to agree to. the proposal included the VIN. The proposal was MRSP plus TTL only. The only added thing was $500 for dealer processing fee. All dealerships have some form of that for filing, paperwork etc.. $500 was the cheapest I’ve seen at any dealership for that fee.
All of this was done by text except after the agreement was made I drove up (20 miles) there and made the deposit.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
24 Posts
Did you happen to get your car yet? I just placed a deposit on 7/14 on a red Si that my dealer was allocated. I was given an order number but no vin yet. Just curious if you’re still waiting for a delivery date.
Also in the same boat, SI ordered on 7/7, car was allocated to dealer that same morning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also in the same boat, SI ordered on 7/7, car was allocated to dealer that same morning.
Did they give you an order number or build date yet? I was told they would have the car for me by late Sept/early Oct but with how things are going, I’m truly not holding my breath. And with the back-log of other Si’s being built, I’m going to have to prepare myself for possibly getting a 2023.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
24 Posts
Did they give you an order number or build date yet? I was told they would have the car for me by late Sept/early Oct but with how things are going, I’m truly not holding my breath. And with the back-log of other Si’s being built, I’m going to have to prepare myself for possibly getting a 2023.
I have not heard anything yet. I was told when ordering the car, it would arrive in 6ish weeks. I’m not sure where they got that number though. Still waiting on a VIN.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts