11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Official Welcome Thread

29K views 279 replies 93 participants last post by  Dr. Toboggan 
#1 ·
Welcome to the 11th Generation Civic Forum!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section. By doing this, we hope to establish a greater sense of community among 11th Gen Civic owners and enthusiasts.

You can also introduce yourself here as many have done already!

Joining us recently:

See less See more
#2 ·
#10 ·
#13 ·
Hello all!

I'm Bill from Vancouver Island. These days I find myself very interested in the '22 Civic. I literally watch Youtube videos about it on my TV most nights.

I used to own a really nice pearl white '01 Prelude SE and reluctantly sold it last spring. Currently I drive a '20 TRD Pro 4Runner and a '19 CR-V Touring (for my family) but I miss the zippy Honda and VTEC! I'm interested in getting a '22 SI or maybe a Type R if all checks out styling wise. Performance wise, I'm sold.

Thanks for being so welcoming. I'm loving the forum! Looking forward to more Civic news.

#14 ·
Hello all!

I'm Bill from Vancouver Island. These days I find myself very interested in the '22 Civic. I literally watch Youtube videos about it on my TV most nights.

I used to own a really nice pearl white '01 Prelude SE and reluctantly sold it last spring. Currently I drive a '20 TRD Pro 4Runner and a '19 CR-V Touring (for my family) but I miss the zippy Honda and VTEC! I'm interested in getting a '22 SI or maybe a Type R if all checks out styling wise. Performance wise, I'm sold.

Thanks for being so welcoming. I'm loving the forum! Looking forward to more Civic news.
Any pictures of your Prelude? I always loved that generation. One thing I'm sure you won't miss is the bunny hop those older sportier Hondas were known for. The FK8 doesn't do it at all and neither should the 11th Civic Type R

#15 ·
Hello all,

Steve from Dallas. My first Honda was a 98 Civic EX coupe Milano red, manual transmission. Bought new.

Currently have a 2018 Civic LX coupe Lunar silver manual transmission. And a 2020 Civic Sport sedan, Aegean Blue, manual transmission.

Planning to get a 2022 Civic Sport sedan, Lunar Silver, CVT.

Best

#18 ·
Thanks Palmer8,

My plan is to keep all 3 cars. Naturally aspirated manual transmission Civics are "old school" gems that I would like to keep enjoying. And keeping the last of the Civic coupes is also a priority.

I like the conservative exterior style of the new Civic sedan. But prefer the interior of the current Civic without the tablet screen. The honeycomb dashboard and silver knobs on 11 gen sedan may take some getting used to as well. Would like to see both blacked out for Sport models.

Best.

#19 ·
Thanks Palmer8,

My plan is to keep all 3 cars. Naturally aspirated manual transmission Civics are "old school" gems that I would like to keep enjoying. And keeping the last of the Civic coupes is also a priority.

I like the conservative exterior style of the new Civic sedan. But prefer the interior of the current Civic without the tablet screen. The honeycomb dashboard and silver knobs on 11 gen sedan may take some getting used to as well. Would like to see both blacked out for Sport models.

Best.
That's great that you're keeping your manuals! Are they stock or have you modified either of them?

A blacked out honeycomb dash would be a really nice touch for the car. I wonder if someone will make an aftermarket one to replace it.

#24 ·
Welcome to the 11th Generation Civic Forum!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section. By doing this, our goal is to help establish a greater sense of community among 11th Gen Civic owners and enthusiasts. Alternatively, you can create your own dedicated introduction thread as many have done already!

Joining us this recently:
JohnV says I'm stoked about the 2022 Civic. I am considering against a Subaru Impreza for my first new car in 19 years. My son loved his 18 Accord - 2.0T Sport - so I hope to have a similar reaction behind the wheel. But I'm waiting for the hatchback.

#28 ·
#29 ·
#30 ·
Howdy! New guy with limited Honda experience (2007 Fit/2013 Civic Si). Currently driving a 2020 Mazda 3 hatchback Premium with 6 speed manual, but, I will trade late next year. Looking at Accords, but really like the looks of the new Civic. I’m here to learn about the new Hatchback and Si. Only interested in manual transmissions.

#32 ·
#35 ·
I'm a second Civic owner my first was a 2017 Civic Si in Rallye Red 125,000 miles with zero mods and regular maintenance. I now own a 2022 Platinum White Pearl Sport with HPD package.
My love of Honda started in the back seat of an Silver 1983 Honda CVCC 5spd that my mother bought new.

#36 ·
Greetings Honda family. 1st time civic owner, Second time Honda owner. My first car was in 1999 and that was a 1985 Accord Hatch 5 Speed Manual in Lindsey Blue. Wood Grain Steering Wheel with an EQ, a 12’woofer all in the hatch powered by an amp. Feels great to be back. Loving this Platinum Pearl White Civic Sport. Can’t wait to get her tinted. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk