11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I thought I'd start a thread here to talk about the new Nissan Z. I'm guessing most of us here are more interested to learn about the upcoming Civic Type R, but while we wait, I've been finding the Z to be a fun distractions, and I'm hoping some of you feel the same!

I'll update this thread with news as it trickles out. Nissan isn't like Honda -- man can these folks drag out a new model introduction!

If you want to read more, there's a sister site to this forum dedicated to the Nissan Z:
New Nissan Z forum

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The head of Nissan US Product PR did a AMA that fills in some of the gaps Nissan left out of the word debut

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These threads track all the available images of the various paint and interior options.

Exterior paint options:

Interior color options:

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a bunch of threads with spy shots of the prototype cars out testing. These are my favs:

A white car Tail of the Dragon!

What happened to this gray prototype?!

Red and silver cars spotted on a truck

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thread is tracking the latest rumours on when production will start. It looks like we can expect the cars on dealer lots some time in the spring of next year.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was a fun watch - Chip Foose does a design critique and light restyling of the 2023 Nissan Z.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Photos and video of the Nissan Z GT500 race car. This is the new NISMO entry for SuerGT and replaces the GT-R.
Easily one of my favourite new race cars of 2021.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Video of a gray Nissan Z prototype on Angeles Crest. It looks fast, but I'm not sure the engine sound is as melodic as we were hoping.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If, like me, you find the sound of the V6 in the video of the car on The Crest a little meh, maybe (again, like me), you'll find the 600+ hp turbo 4-cylinder from the Nissan Z GT500 race car a little more to your liking. :eek:

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If, like me, you find the sound of the V6 in the video of the car on The Crest a little meh, maybe (again, like me), you'll find the 600+ hp turbo 4-cylinder from the Nissan Z GT500 race car a little more to your liking. :eek:

And in the vein of turning things up a notch, I liked these threads rendering somewhat more visually exciting versions of the Z.

Nissan Z as a police car
This one's done as a CHP paint job, but if you scroll down, you'll see past Zs have been used for police duty in Japan, so this idea isn't as crazy as it sounds!

Nissan Z lowered on Work Meister S1 3P Wheels
Super-clean look - for sure we'll see a lot of cars looking like this.

Nissan Z Time Attack render
Because race car

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
246 Posts
It’s a nice looking car with a nice interior. But, needs to be AWD for me to consider it.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic ST Sonic Gray Pearl
140 Posts
I love AWD sports cars. I've owned two. The grip is amazing

With that said, AWD changes the spirit of a Z. The Z is a small light RWD coupe that's affordable. That's always been the heritage. Adding AWD makes it heavy and slower. You can make an AWD coupe with lots of power and keep it lightweight, but then it gets expensive. Porsche already knows that recipe. RWD sports are a different kind of fun, but they are just as fun as AWD

If you live somewhere with cold weather and you just need AWD, that's cool I understand that. But that's not what a Z is

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looks like there is a thread on release date

But is there an update on when it'll actually arrive?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
246 Posts
I love AWD sports cars. I've owned two. The grip is amazing

With that said, AWD changes the spirit of a Z. The Z is a small light RWD coupe that's affordable. That's always been the heritage. Adding AWD makes it heavy and slower. You can make an AWD coupe with lots of power and keep it lightweight, but then it gets expensive. Porsche already knows that recipe. RWD sports are a different kind of fun, but they are just as fun as AWD

If you live somewhere with cold weather and you just need AWD, that's cool I understand that. But that's not what a Z is
I know but I’d still want one. I feel like only rear drive sports cars I’d want now would be rear or mid engined.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I came across this render today and it made me go poking around for more. The retro styling of the new Z makes it look so good with classic race liveries

Here's some older renders from the Z forum:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts