11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got to pick up my new Honda Civic last week and everything was smooth as butter except for the bluetooth issue but for this topic I'm gonna mention that I love the steering of the vehicle but then after just a week I just noticed that the steering wheel is off centre to the right like a little bit. Tried driving on different lanes on the main road and freeway just to end up having the same results. The steering was centred properly with no issues when I was driving it for the first few days almost to a week. I've been very careful and sensitive with the vehicle like I treat it as if it was a piece of glass ready to break with just a small little hump.

I remember that I brought it to a shop for a 3m and window tint services and as soon as I got it back I noticed that something was off right away. I'm a little OCD person so even a tiny little detail of something being altered or wrong I will notice in an instant. I asked the shop and they told me that they took very good care of the car and I can watch all of the cctv footages for that given day when they worked on my car.

Now I emailed the dealership and asked if I can bring it in for an inspection or probably an alignment check just to see if everything checks out or not. Otherwise if they say everything's fine then the steering wheel issue would probably bother me for a good some time or maybe even last like a lifetime as I get annoyed in small things like that. It makes driving frustrating seeing that your steering wheel is off centre when your tracking straight on an even road (not on the crowned lane)

Need thoughts and opinions. Sorry for the long post and rant :3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Please keep us posted…I’ve seen many accidents where the wheel was off center after hitting a high curb at speed; if something like this happened you would also experience abnormal tire wear. I hope no one damaged your car…otherwise it is a warranty fix…keep us up to date please.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So I got to pick up my new Honda Civic last week and everything was smooth as butter except for the bluetooth issue but for this topic I'm gonna mention that I love the steering of the vehicle but then after just a week I just noticed that the steering wheel is off centre to the right like a little bit. Tried driving on different lanes on the main road and freeway just to end up having the same results. The steering was centred properly with no issues when I was driving it for the first few days almost to a week. I've been very careful and sensitive with the vehicle like I treat it as if it was a piece of glass ready to break with just a small little hump.

I remember that I brought it to a shop for a 3m and window tint services and as soon as I got it back I noticed that something was off right away. I'm a little OCD person so even a tiny little detail of something being altered or wrong I will notice in an instant. I asked the shop and they told me that they took very good care of the car and I can watch all of the cctv footages for that given day when they worked on my car.

Now I emailed the dealership and asked if I can bring it in for an inspection or probably an alignment check just to see if everything checks out or not. Otherwise if they say everything's fine then the steering wheel issue would probably bother me for a good some time or maybe even last like a lifetime as I get annoyed in small things like that. It makes driving frustrating seeing that your steering wheel is off centre when your tracking straight on an even road (not on the crowned lane)

Need thoughts and opinions. Sorry for the long post and rant :3
OP.... what did the dealership have to say ? This should be a relatively easy fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OP.... what did the dealership have to say ? This should be a relatively easy fix.
UPDATE: So I brought the vehicle to the dealership last Tuesday and they checked underneath to see if any suspension parts have been damaged or so on but thankfully they didn't find anything wrong and everything checked out regarding the parts.

Then they had to re adjust the front toe because for some reason it was a little off to which why the steering was off centre to the right a little bit. Now everything's excellent and the steering wheel is centered again. The car tracks straight as it always should

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please keep us posted…I’ve seen many accidents where the wheel was off center after hitting a high curb at speed; if something like this happened you would also experience abnormal tire wear. I hope no one damaged your car…otherwise it is a warranty fix…keep us up to date please.
UPDATE: So I brought the vehicle to the dealership last Tuesday and they checked underneath to see if any suspension parts have been damaged or so on but thankfully they didn't find anything wrong and everything checked out regarding the parts.

Then they had to re adjust the front toe because for some reason it was a little off to which why the steering was off centre to the right a little bit. Now everything's excellent and the steering wheel is centered again. The car tracks straight as it always should

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a general comment, not specific to why yours may have been off - The toe can be correct and the steering wheel can be off center, and vice versa. But ideally when anyone does an alignment, centering the steering wheel is step number one. (I've also found some techs aren't quite as precise about the center as I am)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts