1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first new car since 2003 super excited!
It's getting PDi'd right now I will get to pick it up this afternoon,
It's an LX model, in the meteorite grey I believe is what its called

does anyone know the bolt pattern for 2022? id like to get some 17" rims for this as the LX steelies look horrible lol

thanks!!

Edit-6/22/21
here are the pictures I took today

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey @kennyatshop
Welcome to the forum. Post pics when you pick it up. Very cool.

I think the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, the same as the 10th gens. But I'm not 100% confident.

Any idea of what rims you're looking at?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @kennyatshop
Welcome to the forum. Post pics when you pick it up. Very cool.

I think the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, the same as the 10th gens. But I'm not 100% confident.

Any idea of what rims you're looking at?

honestly, I have no idea!!! there is no much to pick from, the car is a gunmetal color so I'm not sure if I should go chrome or like a goldish color
it's a very hard decision

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've never liked chrome.

Gold is always nice, but I'm not sure about it on the gunmetal paint. Maybe just a polished silver or a black and silver.

tirerack has a LOT of brands to browse through

I've always liked Konig's styles

Hypergram looks GOOD!

The matte gray might look perfect,... or terrible. The black and silver though... (y)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I like them both. I'm a real sucker for gold rims! I think that darker brushed gold should look REALLY nice on the dark gray Civic!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them both. I'm a real sucker for gold rims! I think that darker brushed gold should look REALLY nice on the dark gray Civic!
never knew the tire rack actually showed you what the rims look like sitting on the car what a great feature!

that's the style rim I want for sure now to pick the color and size. it comes with 16's on it so I'm not sure if i should go 17 or 18.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't think it has the new Civic though. It said it did when I tried... but then it doesn't say it has any wheels....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it has the new Civic though. It said it did when I tried... but then it doesn't say it has any wheels....

yup, I noticed the same thing! so I was just looking at them on the 2021 body style.
may be a new experience for me never bought rims and tires online before lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome @kennyatshop!

Add your Civic to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry

Did you consider another Civic model and other color options before going with the spec you ordered?
this is the car I was going in for, not the color originally I test drove a WHITE lx and I was very happy with it and I said this is the car and color i want when walking back into the dealership there was a touring sitting out front in the dark grey, as soon as i saw the color I instantly changed my mind and asked if I could get that instead, they didn't have the LX n stock in the color so they did a trade with another dealership

·
Registered
748 Posts
this is the car I was going in for, not the color originally I test drove a WHITE lx and I was very happy with it and I said this is the car and color i want when walking back into the dealership there was a touring sitting out front in the dark grey, as soon as i saw the color I instantly changed my mind and asked if I could get that instead, they didn't have the LX n stock in the color so they did a trade with another dealership
Nice that another dealer had it.

Did you make a call on the rims yet? I haven't seen a single 2022 Civic with aftermarket wheels yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice that another dealer had it.

Did you make a call on the rims yet? I haven't seen a single 2022 Civic with aftermarket wheels yet.
YUP, i called coast tire today, and decided on the Fast Titanuim rims now im undecided on 17" vs 18" and tires to go with . to many decisions to make lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
YUP, i called coast tire today, and decided on the Fast Titanuim rims now im undecided on 17" vs 18" and tires to go with . to many decisions to make lol

View attachment 2006
Welcome to the forum @kennyatshop! I don't think there's a difference with the bolt pattern with the 10th and 11th gen Civics.

Those wheels are going to look great on your car. Personally I'd go with 17 so you can have a bit more tire but you can get away with either since the Touring comes with 18s.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd go with 18s for sure. I'm sure you could fit 19s no problem, but if the Touring comes with 18s I wouldn't go smaller.

As for tires, do you want high performance summer tires or all-seasons?

For all-seasons something like this would be good

For specific summer tires you might want something more affordable than Michelins. I'm thinking the Falken Azenis FK510

·
Registered
122 Posts
im undecided on 17" vs 18" and tires to go with . to many decisions to make lol
17" will get you slightly cushy ride as tires will be slightly thicker. Consider replacement tire cost when time comes, if you care for prices...
But you JUST got a new car and want to spend few thousands more on tires??? Just enjoy whatever you have, change later if you must/want.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
17" will get you slightly cushy ride as tires will be slightly thicker. Consider replacement tire cost when time comes, if you care for prices...
But you JUST got a new car and want to spend few thousands more on tires??? Just enjoy whatever you have, change later if you must/want.
my wife will agree with you 100%, hahaha the first new car in 17 years, so I'm anxious to do some stuff , but I will wait a month or so likely I want to make the right decision and in no rush to purchase them for sure

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good color choice! Black doesn’t give any contrast with the rest of the car and the lighter colours give too much. The gray helps tone down the taillights which are a bit big imo.

·
Registered
696 Posts
my wife will agree with you 100%, hahaha the first new car in 17 years, so I'm anxious to do some stuff , but I will wait a month or so likely I want to make the right decision and in no rush to purchase them for sure
You might want to go to a wheel shop and see what a 17 and 18 inch wheel look like on your car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts