11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2022 Civic EX yesterday and I noticed there are slight differences. My specific car was assembled in Japan and then shipped to America; probably because of the shortages going on. I noticed that the digital dashboard looks different than other Civics I've seen. After looking at the manual it seems like I have an A-type meter, which has a different layout than the B-type meter. There seems to be a few differences, for example I don't seem to have the little civic model on the dash, I only have a left scroll wheel; no right scroll wheel. Also, when I go to customize display, I don't have a "Gauge Design" option, but rather it simply goes straight to the "Hide/Show" where I can turn things like driver attention on or off. Am I out of luck?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I purchased a 2022 Civic EX yesterday and I noticed there are slight differences. My specific car was assembled in Japan and then shipped to America; probably because of the shortages going on. I noticed that the digital dashboard looks different than other Civics I've seen. After looking at the manual it seems like I have an A-type meter, which has a different layout than the B-type meter. There seems to be a few differences, for example I don't seem to have the little civic model on the dash, I only have a left scroll wheel; no right scroll wheel. Also, when I go to customize display, I don't have a "Gauge Design" option, but rather it simply goes straight to the "Hide/Show" where I can turn things like driver attention on or off. Am I out of luck?
Hopefully, I can be helpful because I had the same confusion when I got my car too. I have an LX and I believe all the trims aside from the Touring (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) have just the one digital gauge on the left and a traditional speedometer on the right. So yes, you'll only have a left scroll wheel. As a result of only have one digital gauge (and a traditional rounded speedometer on the right), you can't change the meters to a non-round design.

Too many YouTube videos showcase just the Touring and so sometimes they misrepresent what the other trims offer. Don't worry about it too much - you're in the majority, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts