11th Gen Civic Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Closest thing I can get here locally or surrounding areas are MSRP plus 1k for tint/door guards for a hatch. I’d really like to just find one at straight MSRP with no add-ons and be content with that since I never pay MSRP for any vehicles.
If your near northeast PA I can tell ta where to try. Got mine for MSRP and they swore they only mark up the Type R.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum and first time civic owner. Just picked up a 22 sonic grey sport. I have been to every dealer from Miami to Tampa getting quotes and my trade in value. Overall everyone was around the same number OTD price of 28k. That’s 28k after taxes and fees and anything else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So far 3 best deals I have found

Sonic gray manual touring - MSRP plus $1k for clear shield after talking them down from $2295 for pro pack.

Automatic tourings - MSRP plus $813 for pro pack and MSRP plus $1k for edge guards and tint

Getting closer to what I want to pay for one. Still deciding between boost blue auto or sonic gray manual. If they made that manual in boost blue I’d probably have it in my driveway later today.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
245 Posts
So far 3 best deals I have found

Sonic gray manual touring - MSRP plus $1k for clear shield after talking them down from $2295 for pro pack.

Automatic tourings - MSRP plus $813 for pro pack and MSRP plus $1k for edge guards and tint

Getting closer to what I want to pay for one. Still deciding between boost blue auto or sonic gray manual. If they made that manual in boost blue I’d probably have it in my driveway later today.
My advice: get the SGP manual.

Because if you can drive it, and like the manual better than the CVT (have you test driven both to confirm?), it would eat at you every day you drive the Boost Blue CVT, feel the delay in "downshifting" to pass or hear that bit of transmission drone, and wonder, "was this hot color really worth it? I can't even see it except for the hood while I'm driving!" While the reverse is unlikely, unless you actively hate SGP and are taking it as the only one you can get. You're not as likely to be driving around and looking at the hood and thinking to yourself, "Boost Blue would have been soooo much nicer." You'll be too busy having fun revving the engine up and rowing your own gears. (Or even while the car is parked.)

And SGP is not bad to look at, IMHO. Definitely would've taken the blue as my most preferred color, but white and sonic gray were not far behind. (I only took white over SGP because there's already a sonic gray Honda in my family with prior claim.)

If you're hedging based on "well, I do a lot of city driving and the CVT would be less stressful" - that is somewhat true, but the clutch is so very light on the ST (especially if you pivot on your heel resting on the floor, and not lifting your leg in the air, to work the clutch) it's barely a bother except in really, really grinding bumper to bumper traffic. So you spend a lot of time shifting betwen first and third gear - so what? That's why you got this car, because you like doing that!

And if it really was such a deterrent it wouldn't be on your list, would it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually SGP was at top of my list color wise before I saw a boost blue (sport) on a lot a couple of weeks ago haha. I’m literally either way on both of the colors with boost blue slightly ahead as top choice. Luckily I don’t have to worry about bumper to bumper traffic here locally. Haven’t test driven a manual and the car is 3.5hrs away. Been a few years since I’ve driven a manual. Wife used to have an Acura rsx type-s when I met her that was later totaled when a driver hit the car from behind at a light.

My advice: get the SGP manual.

Because if you can drive it, and like the manual better than the CVT (have you test driven both to confirm?), it would eat at you every day you drive the Boost Blue CVT, feel the delay in "downshifting" to pass or hear that bit of transmission drone, and wonder, "was this hot color really worth it? I can't even see it except for the hood while I'm driving!" While the reverse is unlikely, unless you actively hate SGP and are taking it as the only one you can get. You're not as likely to be driving around and looking at the hood and thinking to yourself, "Boost Blue would have been soooo much nicer." You'll be too busy having fun revving the engine up and rowing your own gears. (Or even while the car is parked.)

And SGP is not bad to look at, IMHO. Definitely would've taken the blue as my most preferred color, but white and sonic gray were not far behind. (I only took white over SGP because there's already a sonic gray Honda in my family with prior claim.)

If you're hedging based on "well, I do a lot of city driving and the CVT would be less stressful" - that is somewhat true, but the clutch is so very light on the ST (especially if you pivot on your heel resting on the floor, and not lifting your leg in the air, to work the clutch) it's barely a bother except in really, really grinding bumper to bumper traffic. So you spend a lot of time shifting betwen first and third gear - so what? That's why you got this car, because you like doing that!

And if it really was such a deterrent it wouldn't be on your list, would it?

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
245 Posts
Actually SGP was at top of my list color wise before I saw a boost blue (sport) on a lot a couple of weeks ago haha. I’m literally either way on both of the colors with boost blue slightly ahead as top choice. Luckily I don’t have to worry about bumper to bumper traffic here locally. Haven’t test driven a manual and the car is 3.5hrs away. Been a few years since I’ve driven a manual. Wife used to have an Acura rsx type-s when I met her that was later totaled when a driver hit the car from behind at a light.
OK, then if you LIKE driving a manual and as you say, if the 6MT one were in Boost Blue like the CVT one, you'd have bought it already - but you're hedging between the SGP and the blue one based purely on color, where the 6MT bumps the SGP's appeal to you... Trust me, the stick shift will have far more daily impact on your enjoyment than the color.

I wasn't sure I "chose right" between PWP white and SGP ("so what if my daughter's got one...?"), but that sort of thing evaporates from the joy of downshifting, engine braking in a temporary traffic cluster, and being right at 4K RPM to break away from it when the opening arrives. "CVT ain't got that feeling!"

However you mention a wife and there is such a thing as the WAF (wife approval factor)... Can she/does she like driving a manual, and would she be annoyed if you bought a car that effectively becomes "only" your car, or is that your mandate anyway here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Haha. My wife drove a manual for years and drives pretty good. She has an explorer sport and I drive a f150. This is just going to be my daily driver for the next 10 years or so. I drive 99% of the time no matter which vehicle we are in anyway. I think you make a good point. Might have to jump on the SGP manual.

OK, then if you LIKE driving a manual and as you say, if the 6MT one were in Boost Blue like the CVT one, you'd have bought it already - but you're hedging between the SGP and the blue one based purely on color, where the 6MT bumps the SGP's appeal to you... Trust me, the stick shift will have far more daily impact on your enjoyment than the color.

I wasn't sure I "chose right" between PWP white and SGP ("so what if my daughter's got one...?"), but that sort of thing evaporates from the joy of downshifting, engine braking in a temporary traffic cluster, and being right at 4K RPM to break away from it when the opening arrives. "CVT ain't got that feeling!"

However you mention a wife and there is such a thing as the WAF (wife approval factor)... Can she/does she like driving a manual, and would she be annoyed if you bought a car that effectively becomes "only" your car, or is that your mandate anyway here?

·
Registered
2022 Sport Touring Civic HPD Sonic Gray Pearl
16 Posts
Sport Touring Hatch in Sonic Gray Pearl. $30,810 w destination. Dealer threw in wheel locks.

Ordered mud guards and door sill protectors that will arrive at a later date.

View attachment 4455
Twinning (almost) - I paid same (MSRP - $30,810) for my Sonic Gray Pearl Sport Touring last week (CVT) in Upstate NY. Dealer attempted to add $1400 pre-paid service, which I said nope, but I did add the following options (my choice): All Season Protection Pkg, HPD Pkg, Rear Bumper Protector (on backorder), and Door Sill Protection Film. They gave me $22,500 trade-in for my 2017 CR-V Touring with 73k miles. Lovin' it so far!

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Window

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
37 Posts
Massillon Ohio, Waikem Honda

2022 Sport Hatchback MT, Sonic Gray Pearl (premium color +$)

$25,510 (= to MSRP)
$250 doc fee
$35 tags
$1803 state and county combined sales tax @ 7%

$27,598 OTD

No trade

1.9% x 60 mo financing on balance

IMO threads like this kind of get derailed with 'OTD' prices because some places have higher, lower or no taxes, differences in reg fees, etc. Trade in value isn't helpful info either. Price for the car by itself (and any bullshit dealer fees) is what is actually useful info to other prospective buyers, unless that buyer happens to be in the same area you are in and has the exact same trade you do in which case OTD is a useful figure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'22 Civic Sport - Sonic Grey

$24,715 sticker + window tint + all season floor & trunk mats + wheels locks and rock guards with no tax from trade in = $25,900 otd.
Paid remainder cash and paid it off, but did 0% finance on the Honda care warranty for 18mo.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
44 Posts
I went to the dealer on 6/10 and they quoted me about $34k out the door for a Touring. Then my trade-in was valued at around 10k (2017 EXL w/ Sensing) and the total price was at just under $24k. we went back and forth and they ultimately gave me just under $21k. $3k savings was great, seeing as how another dealer (One of the biggest in Ga) told me the day before that they were not going to negotiate and the sales guy even told me his manager was trying to approve selling the new civics for $2k+ MSRP because of the small demand.
34k out the door? Holy crap that’s expensive. My 22 Touring was much cheaper and I have the white w.e paint that was more expensive

101 - 118 of 118 Posts