11th Gen Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
28k OTD for an EX, no markups no bullshit. Called around multiple dealers and told those w/ markup to fuck off. Found 2 dealers in Northern California that have no markup, made the long drive and bought the car unseen before it was even delivered to the dealership. Ya'll gotta stop paying for markups, you're literally the reason why dealers are getting away with this bullshit.
Sounds great, especially the “no bullshit” part. Was that the same dealer you mentioned before that didn’t bother including the four plugs after delivery for your new Civic? You install those yet?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds great, especially the “no bullshit” part. Was that the same dealer you mentioned before that didn’t bother including the four plugs after delivery for your new Civic? You install those yet?
Yep, same dealer. I just bought some online from bernardi Honda and waiting for them to come in. Apparently only one dealer in all of California has them, which is too far for me, and Honda currently has them on back order.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
245 Posts
28k OTD for an EX, no markups no bullshit. Called around multiple dealers and told those w/ markup to fuck off. Found 2 dealers in Northern California that have no markup, made the long drive and bought the car unseen before it was even delivered to the dealership. Ya'll gotta stop paying for markups, you're literally the reason why dealers are getting away with this bullshit.
I was hoping that would be the point of this thread, for people to share dealership experiences by region

So we can identify the dealerships that agree to sell at MSRP or lower, that agree to honor such a price on an "order" of a car that is not yet on the lot, and then actually deliver those vehicles at that price in the end

And then work with those dealerships if they are feasibly close enough

I don't know how many dealers in CA you called before finding one that had no markup, and thank God they actually honored the deal when you made the "long drive" (I've heard of it happening, and in fact several people have already posted in this thread that it happened to them, that until the deal is actually closed, dealerships can just pull the rug out)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was hoping that would be the point of this thread, for people to share dealership experiences by region

So we can identify the dealerships that agree to sell at MSRP or lower, that agree to honor such a price on an "order" of a car that is not yet on the lot, and then actually deliver those vehicles at that price in the end

And then work with those dealerships if they are feasibly close enough

I don't know how many dealers in CA you called before finding one that had no markup, and thank God they actually honored the deal when you made the "long drive" (I've heard of it happening, and in fact several people have already posted in this thread that it happened to them, that until the deal is actually closed, dealerships can just pull the rug out)
I honestly hate dealerships and salesmen w/ a passion. They're all scummy greasy douchebags to me, so it's no surprise honest people are getting fucked over right now.

Dealerships in CA I found w/ making a few phone calls; seriously not hard to pick up the phone and call around.

Folsom Lake Honda in Rancho Cordova, CA

Autonation Honda Roseville in Roseville, CA

Mistlin Honda in Modesto, CA

Mel Rapton Honda in Sacramento, CA

Some may have a 600 dollar protection package if it's already on the lot. If you do a pre-contract w/ a vehicle in transit you should be able to decline the protection package, that's what I did.

Anyway, good luck and happy hunting ya'll.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Orange county, CA. Asked a few dealers who had incoming hatchbacks on pricing. One is adding $6K for market adjustment and alarm system, other was discounting car by $1k but adding $5-6k required options on it.

Will keep calling around and post any better prices to find. Some dealers don't even bother calling me back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
OC California here, just signed paperwork for a sedan to be delivered in the next week or so. After finding a mistakenly posted price online, my options were: Invoice+Honda pro pack (mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door edge guards) or MSRP. I went for invoice + pro pack (minus mud guards) and I'm very happy; it ends up being $1000 better than my next best offer and although the dealer is a bit far away, it was the easiest car deal I've done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OC California here, just signed paperwork for a sedan to be delivered in the next week or so. After finding a mistakenly posted price online, my options were: Invoice+Honda pro pack (mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door edge guards) or MSRP. I went for invoice + pro pack (minus mud guards) and I'm very happy; it ends up being $1000 better than my next best offer and although the dealer is a bit far away, it was the easiest car deal I've done.
That’s awesome, congrats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats on finding a car. What dealer? Maybe the mods should start sticking dealerships who are selling at MSRP. @obert

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport Sedan
33 Posts
2022 sport, about 26k out the door with all the fees and taxes. Put 12k down, got the 14k financed at 1.9%, 5 years, low payment. No dealer markup. North Carolina near Charlotte.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m in the market for a 22 Sport hatchback. Anyone know of any dealerships in Southern California that are selling them without a dealer markup?? So far the only ones I’ve found online all want a markup on them.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
220 Posts
Sport Touring Hatch in Sonic Gray Pearl. $30,810 w destination. Dealer threw in wheel locks.

Ordered mud guards and door sill protectors that will arrive at a later date.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's great!

Around here, I checked with 5 or 6 Honda dealers within 30 miles of me in NYC and they're all selling 2022 Civic sedans at over MSRP (never mind the hatchbacks, which have yet to start arriving).

Some are up front about it, like this one:

View attachment 4024

And even the 2.0L Sports are selling for the same $3000 over MSRP (at this dealer, Paragon).

Other dealers I've reached out to say "MSRP of X - call for price" and then they want you to go "in person to discuss" while admitting they're selling for over MSRP (but not by how much).

All the dealers in my area are sold out of the 1.5T sedans and only have base 2.0L Sport sedans on the lot (this one at Paragon is "in transit" with a VIN); since they're all within 15-30 miles of each other and can easily see each other's (low or empty) inventory, I don't see this changing any time soon (they're all going to charge over MSRP as long as every other dealership is doing so and still selling out).

None of the dealers were "taking orders" on the Hatchback except one (Valley Stream)... Who offered ordering one for me with the 6MT at "only" $2000 over MSRP. Which was also the in-dealership printed markup for the sedan, versus Paragon's printed markup of $3000.

Since I wanted a rare 6MT and in a specific color (PWP) I bit the bait; let's see if either a flood of those arrive in my area at MSRP, or if they pull the rug out from me and want even more than that.

It's gotten to the point where an "honest ripoff" of actually selling to me per the written up spec sheet at thousands over MSRP will feel good, as long as it's timely.

That's the saving grace for me - manuals are probably harder for them to sell, and they'll be glad to see me off in one.

Most people who are keen on a manual trans Civic are probably sitting on comparing it to the Si and/or the Type R.
I called a total of 10 Dealership in South Florida and Central Florida. So far all of them are saying $33,000+ for any of the EX Models and 8/10 of them don't even have them in stock nor do they know when they will get them. Seems like people paying $33k+ for them down here so why would the dealerships sell one to me for $27kish like how I'm seeing some of the people on this forum are paying.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In Orange county, CA. Asked a few dealers who had incoming hatchbacks on pricing. One is adding $6K for market adjustment and alarm system, other was discounting car by $1k but adding $5-6k required options on it.

Will keep calling around and post any better prices to find. Some dealers don't even bother calling me back.
Any luck yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fully agree. I'm rolling my eyes and smh everytime I see people mentioning they agreed to the markup. Just cant help but think "thanks for over paying and allowing every dealership entitled to overcharge"

61 - 80 of 118 Posts