11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome to the forum @George_HondaFan
Have you heard anything from your dealer about when cars will arrive?

Some dealers have been sayign the first week of June The official word from Honda is June 16th.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I was able to call two dealerships near me yesterday and one said that they have no idea when because of the chip shortage, they said most likely next year. The second place I called said maybe two to three months, they do not have any word from the manufacturer, he also said it could be way sooner. The color I would want would either be white or that grey.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So I was able to call two dealerships near me yesterday and one said that they have no idea when because of the chip shortage, they said most likely next year. The second place I called said maybe two to three months, they do not have any word from the manufacturer, he also said it could be way sooner. The color I would want would either be white or that grey.
Welcome!

And thanks for that info as the big question right now is when.

Did you consider any other Civic models before deciding to go with the Sport?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey @George_HondaFan, welcome to the forum! There's no way the cars are coming next year, especially in California. There haven't been any signs of delays from Honda so they should be coming to dealers near you in June.

Were you considering any other cars for your first one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey @George_HondaFan, welcome to the forum! There's no way the cars are coming next year, especially in California. There haven't been any signs of delays from Honda so they should be coming to dealers near you in June.

Were you considering any other cars for your first one?
If I'm not able to get the civic in June then most likely I will get a Honda accord, I heard the 2020 models that are left have great deals. Another possible car would be the Kia k5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome!

And thanks for that info as the big question right now is when.

Did you consider any other Civic models before deciding to go with the Sport?
If the sport is too expensive maybe the LX but since its a new car even that will be pretty expensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, the pricing was leaked a while back. Here's the thread discussing pricing. 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Pricing Leaked - Will go on Sale...

Not too bad for the sport model compared to last year.
I know but it's a brand new car and dealers are most likely going to mark them up. My hope of getting it under MSRP is very low. Two months ago for mom we got a 2021 Camry for 1k off MSRP so if I can do the same with the Civic then I'll be glad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I called a few dealerships this morning. When dealer said it would be a couple more months. Then I asked to talk to a manager he pulled it up on the computer and said he had some on the way they would be there in about two weeks. That particular dealership wanted to charge an ADM.
i’m not sure why dealerships think they need to gouge the public and people will not remember in the future. I told him I will buy the car from someone that wants to do business in a honorable fashion so goodbye to him I will make sure I never do business with them good luck to all of you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum @George_HondaFan
Have you heard anything from your dealer about when cars will arrive?

Some dealers have been sayign the first week of June The official word from Honda is June 16th.
I just bought my 2022 civic touring today for invoice price. I’ll pick it up tomorrow morning sometime. The car looks great .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 2022 civic touring today for invoice price. I’ll pick it up tomorrow morning sometime. The car looks great .
Going in on Saturday to look at the Sport. First time getting a car on my own, any tips and getting it for invoice price?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Going in on Saturday to look at the Sport. First time getting a car on my own, any tips and getting it for invoice price?
Everyone negotiate differently. I was fortunate enough to talk to the general manager I think that was a good start. I’m not saying that’s the right way to do it that’s just one idea. I showed Him the website for the mcgrathHondasaintcharles.com. If you look up their website you will see some extremely low prices I showed this to the GM and he said this price was well under his invoice cost. My response was looks like that dealership is going into their holdback money to get some people in the door. Long story short that’s how I was able to get the deal. Good luck to you make sure you do your homework before you walk in the door .

·
Registered
746 Posts
Other than waiting a month or two... nothing.

Can you post pics fro the dealer? Let us know your impressions if you drive it too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts