11th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've driven the ones in the Vette and 911. Both were great. Really, it's just a 6-spd with an extra gear to meet fuel economy regs. And on high powered cars like those you'd never use it unless you're cruising on the freeway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've driven the ones in the Vette and 911. Both were great. Really, it's just a 6-spd with an extra gear to meet fuel economy regs. And on high powered cars like those you'd never use it unless you're cruising on the freeway.
How did the Vette and 911 manuals compare to the feel of a Type R or S2000 manual? Honda knows how to make a good manual...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Neither are as good, to be blunt. Both were quite nice (I don't want to knock them) but I feel like ultra peformance cars like that just need a transmission that ends up being so robust it's not that slick.

Although the Audi R8 6-speed is super nice!

The S2000 is so short. I love it, but it it's almost too extreme. It's "too good" if that makes sense. Basically the throws are insanely short.

The Type R is pretty much perfect. Short throws. Smooth but very precise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The younger generation is increasingly manual deficient. Many have never even been a passenger in a manual car. Pains me to say it but an auto option would be smart to increase sales but Honda should ALWAYS offer a manual especially in the Type R. I love my 2.0T Accord manual and will never buy an auto unless there was no choice. Put it this way, I would choose a Fit over the NSX. A manual transmission is THAT important to me as a driving enthusiast.
Welcome @fazzster! I completely agree that there should always be a manual Type R. The just need to add an auto to broaden the market.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts