11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

recently I've been on and off on wether or not to mod my 1.5l 10th gen hatchback. It is still under warranty but if theres mods i can get away with or simply switch out whenever i have to take it to the dealer then perfect. I have little knowledge when it comes to performance mods so any part recommendations would be much appreciated and my goal in the end is to make it louder and fast depending on how much hp it would be able to go up to. please and the only non performance thing would be changing the interior of my car but personally I need help since im trying to change it but have it fit with the sonic grey exterior.

Few things id like to start off with would be
  • cat back exhaust
  • upgrading turbo
*cold air intake
* strut bar
*tuner

thank you to all who help and please let me know if im missing any information that youll need.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Cloudy_J

Would you get Hondata's tune?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Cloudy_J

Would you get Hondata's tune?
If anything that would be my last step considering its pretty pricey but whats your take on it?

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
To get the most out of those mods hondata would be the best way to go. When I super my 8th gen and my TSX I paid someone to remote tune. and they chipped away at it until they got it down.

You go to a tuner they tune it once and then you go back if it is not correct. I had a bad experience so I am partial to Hondata. Plus you pay a little more for Hondata and you can sell down the road and make some money back.

I would rather get a base map with all your mods and then fine tune it remotely. Plus you get to play with your car to get logs for them :)

I have even traveled to have a tuner ride along with me to tune one of my cars while on there laptop.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If anything that would be my last step considering its pretty pricey but whats your take on it?
I agree and think it's better to start by doing the things Honda would do but can't because they have to build these for hundreds of thousands of people. What is that you ask? Stickier tires, higher performing brakes (even just better pads), sway bar, etc.... in that order

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree and think it's better to start by doing the things Honda would do but can't because they have to build these for hundreds of thousands of people. What is that you ask? Stickier tires, higher performing brakes (even just better pads), sway bar, etc.... in that order
I personally dont have an order for parts but if i did i'd like to try and go for a strut bar and a sway bar then possibly go into the brakes. I also wanted to go for an exhaust which i had seen a video testing 7 different companies and so far i am leaning towards the invidia exhaust. I never thought about stickier tires but if you have any preferences then let me know and same thing with a cold air intake, I heard k&n is really good but not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To get the most out of those mods hondata would be the best way to go. When I super my 8th gen and my TSX I paid someone to remote tune. and they chipped away at it until they got it down.

You go to a tuner they tune it once and then you go back if it is not correct. I had a bad experience so I am partial to Hondata. Plus you pay a little more for Hondata and you can sell down the road and make some money back.

I would rather get a base map with all your mods and then fine tune it remotely. Plus you get to play with your car to get logs for them :)

I have even traveled to have a tuner ride along with me to tune one of my cars while on there laptop.
Thank you obert, oh okay yea its my first time hearing about remote tuning but I saw a video on it and thats really cool getting it done at the comfort of your home, I would say it would be better than like you said having to go drive and if somethings foes wrong having to go back. Is it wise to have a tuner ride with you as youre driving to tune as you go?

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Only bad thing IMO of remote tuning and having a tuner in your car doing a live tune is tickets and being a danger to other motorists driving fast in little spurts so they can make adjustments until it’s perfect.

Unless you have some nice open back roads to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only bad thing IMO of remote tuning and having a tuner in your car doing a live tune is tickets and being a danger to other motorists driving fast in little spurts so they can make adjustments until it’s perfect.

Unless you have some nice open back roads to do it.
Would you think its better to take it to like a track or somewhere where theres less traffic to tune it or in the end would it be a waste?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts