11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I love the rev matching feature as it is new to me (2013 wrx doesnt have it). I just throw it in gears while entering/exiting corners, its really fun 馃槣
I like rev matching, the art of doing heel-toe was something I just never did correctly, I have always found it awkward with my foot action. Auto-rev matching is much better.

Registered
I love the rev matching feature as it is new to me (2013 wrx doesnt have it). I just throw it in gears while entering/exiting corners, its really fun 馃槣

How have you found the Si compared the WRX? I had a 13' WRX as well and considering the Si. Unfortunately I had to let the car go, but the WRX was everything I wanted and more. Interested to hear your perspective on driving dynamics, ride quality, seats, etc between the two.

Registered
How have you found the Si compared the WRX? I had a 13' WRX as well and considering the Si. Unfortunately I had to let the car go, but the WRX was everything I wanted and more. Interested to hear your perspective on driving dynamics, ride quality, seats, etc between the two.
i owned a first generation one, so I鈥檓 not opposed to WRXs鈥.but I didn鈥檛 even drive a 2022 before going the Si route. I鈥檓 not too hung up on aesthetics one way or the other but the cladding on the wheel wells and the interior layout (particularly with the infotainment screen) was off putting to me.

I鈥檓 assuming you feel the extra heft of the nearly 400lbs more curb weight over the Si. The WRX has more than enough power to overcome that weight, but it made me wonder if it just didn鈥檛 drive 鈥渂ig鈥 when comparing it to the nimble and playful attitude that the SI has. The Si also has a great shifter and the wrx is reputed to have a mediocre one鈥.though I don鈥檛 have first hand experience. That鈥檚 a big deal for me.

I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 a good car, but I鈥檇 imagine it鈥檚 more staid and proficient yet perhaps not as eager. Would love to hear from others on this

Registered
2022 Civic Si

Interior: Civic Si > 2013 WRX, mainly because of the 11th gen redesign and the materials used. The Si's got a modern feel compared to the dated 2013 WRX interior.

Gear box: Si > 2013 WRX, i like the shorter throws of the Si. I feel confident banging gears on the Si.

Performance: The clutch feels really light on the Si. It took me a couple of days to get used to. The Si feels torquier. I dont miss the AWD because Si's LSD is really good.

Registered
Interior: Civic Si > 2013 WRX, mainly because of the 11th gen redesign and the materials used. The Si's got a modern feel compared to the dated 2013 WRX interior.

Gear box: Si > 2013 WRX, i like the shorter throws of the Si. I feel confident banging gears on the Si.

Performance: The clutch feels really light on the Si. It took me a couple of days to get used to. The Si feels torquier. I dont miss the AWD because Si's LSD is really good.
I'm surprised to hear that the Si feels torquier. Do you find the Si torquier across the entire RPM range or at low RPM due to turbo lag on 13' WRX?

I'm also delighted to hear the shifter is better on the Si, as I thought the WRX's felt pretty good. Granted, the WRX was my first and only "sports car" so that's my baseline and only first hand experience.

How is the ride comfort of the Si relative to the WRX? There seems to be a split opinion on the forum regarding the Si's suspension firmness.

Registered
i owned a first generation one, so I鈥檓 not opposed to WRXs鈥.but I didn鈥檛 even drive a 2022 before going the Si route. I鈥檓 not too hung up on aesthetics one way or the other but the cladding on the wheel wells and the interior layout (particularly with the infotainment screen) was off putting to me.

I鈥檓 assuming you feel the extra heft of the nearly 400lbs more curb weight over the Si. The WRX has more than enough power to overcome that weight, but it made me wonder if it just didn鈥檛 drive 鈥渂ig鈥 when comparing it to the nimble and playful attitude that the SI has. The Si also has a great shifter and the wrx is reputed to have a mediocre one鈥.though I don鈥檛 have first hand experience. That鈥檚 a big deal for me.

I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 a good car, but I鈥檇 imagine it鈥檚 more staid and proficient yet perhaps not as eager. Would love to hear from others on this
I'm on the same boat as you. I love the WRX I had, but the new generation seems like too much car for what I need.
And the Si is a fuel sipper which is a definite plus.

Registered
I have a 2019 WRX that I've had for 3 years , and a 2022 WRX on order still to be delivered. Both cars are equally stiff, but I like it that way, I wouldn't want either of them any softer. The Si feels lighter and more nimble, but both handle really good, the steering on both of them is good and pretty similar. The Si has a shorter shifter, but both are good, the WRX has a heavier clutch, I like how both of them shift, I like the heavier clutch better but no complaints either way. The WRX is decent in terms of fuel economy but the Si is much cheaper to run. I think the WRX feels like it has much more torque , it has much more power, but different gearing and different weight, they both drive differently but I like them both. Nothing beats the WRX AWD in winter, I love driving it in adverse conditions, but the Si does a formidable job with the LSD feature. Both cars have nice exhausts, I like both engines, different but both good. Si interior is slightly better.

Registered
2022 Civic Si
I'm surprised to hear that the Si feels torquier. Do you find the Si torquier across the entire RPM range or at low RPM due to turbo lag on 13' WRX?

I'm also delighted to hear the shifter is better on the Si, as I thought the WRX's felt pretty good. Granted, the WRX was my first and only "sports car" so that's my baseline and only first hand experience.

How is the ride comfort of the Si relative to the WRX? There seems to be a split opinion on the forum regarding the Si's suspension firmness.
it's combination of the Si鈥檚 clutch setup, short gearing and the low end torque.

Registered
it's combination of the Si鈥檚 clutch setup, short gearing and the low end torque.
Yeah the short gearing is a great multiplier of torque, which doesn't show up on dyno numbers or manufacturer engine specs. Max torque does show up early with the turbo design of this motor too.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts