11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out today that they have my 2022 hatchback on order. Will find out Monday if Honda excepts the order. Went with automatic trans hopefully making the odds better.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
199 Posts
I think we're supposed to have the hatches next month (probably in the first week or two if I was going to guess). But if you made a specific color/trim choice, it may come down to allocation that might delay getting your specific car until October possibly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a deposit down a couple weeks ago and they gave me the same build date. I wonder if these dealers are being honest about build dates.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
314 Posts
I put a deposit down a couple weeks ago and they gave me the same build date. I wonder if these dealers are being honest about build dates.
It's really not in the dealers' hands, but they may be giving you a false impression of what an order and a build date mean in this shortage.

After many dealers I reached out to wouldn't even do the order thing, one explained it to me that it's really just their dealership "putting in" a request for a particular configuration from their factory allotment, which they can do once a month (Nov 11?)

Whether or not the factory even makes such a car that month, or if other dealerships get priority over theirs for that particular car, is unknown to them until it happens.

And cars are allotted by region, so if everyone in your region is hot for sonic gray sport touring CVTs, the wait could be even longer...

And here's the worst part - one dealer willing to take a deposit to place a real order for a very specific, rare config I wanted (Sport Touring HB in white with the stick shift), not just "requesting priority allotment by region", not only warned me it wouldn't get built and arrive until next Spring (Mar/Apr 2022), if one like that DID get randomly allotted to their dealership in Nov or Dec, I wouldn't get it. Because my order would be in queue and committed to "being built". No backsies!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My car had an ASN date of 9-27 (this is when the dealership told me it was "being built" with the ETA as pending. I placed my deposit on 10/1, on 10/6 I received a shipping ETA scheduled to arrive 10/20-10/24. On 10/14 I received an update that it was in North Dakota so clearly moving by train from Indiana to the west coast. 10/19 my hatchback was being delivered from the Port to the dealership and I picked it up 10/20.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
8 Posts
That’s not a bad wait. I’m out west in Utah so I’m hoping to get mine before the end of the year. Love that color!

·
Registered
22 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
29 Posts
Picked mine up last week. Funny enough I put a deposit down on an EX Sedan. My guy called me and said my EX was still in transit somewhere but they had a Touring Sport HB he wasn’t expecting and no one had put a deposit down on it. As soon as I saw it in person, I snagged it. I absolutely love it. No dealer in my area has any, so it’s nice that this is the only one in the area for the time being.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked mine up last week. Funny enough I put a deposit down on an EX Sedan. My guy called me and said my EX was still in transit somewhere but they had a Touring Sport HB he wasn’t expecting and no one had put a deposit down on it. As soon as I saw it in person, I snagged it. I absolutely love it. No dealer in my area has any, so it’s nice that this is the only one in the area for the time being.

View attachment 4688
Hey Benny, beautiful car…I have the same one. Love it!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts