11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am pissed! I traded in my 2008 Infiniti G37 hoping to get a 400+ mile range in fuel because I got sick and tired of having to fill up every 3 days. HOWEVER I currently have 1,300 miles on my ‘22 Civic but it’s still showing I’m averaging 27 mpg with a 340 mile range!!.. literally the EXACT fuel economy as my G37!! I am starting to wonder if there might be a problem! Because I had 2020 Kia Forte brand new last year and I was averaging 35-38 mpg!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am pissed! I traded in my 2008 Infiniti G37 hoping to get a 400+ mile range in fuel because I got sick and tired of having to fill up every 3 days. HOWEVER I currently have 1,300 miles on my ‘22 Civic but it’s still showing I’m averaging 27 mpg with a 340 mile range!!.. literally the EXACT fuel economy as my G37!! I am starting to wonder if there might be a problem! Because I had 2020 Kia Forte brand new last year and I was averaging 35-38 mpg!!

Yeah I’m getting less than you actually on my 22 sport. I’m to the point where I’m ticked enough that I’m going to reach out to dealer. No matter what mode or if AC is on or not, I’m getting a reading of 22-24 mpg. I wonder now if us getting crappy MPG had ours manufactured in a different factory or with some differently made/time they were produced parts that are causing such issues. I’ve got 600 miles on my car now. I even tried a few times, Econ mode no AC on highway for 20 miles straight and couldn’t surpass 27 mpg. Im definitely super agitated at this point.

Do you have any updates?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey there!
I have been doing probably 30% HWY and 70% around town kinda of driving. The average for the last 1000 miles was 28.3 MPG

This sounds about like what I’m doing and I’m
Getting the same mileage. I work about 41 miles away from home. Thing is, I’ve been working from home since March of last year due to Covid. Only 1400 on the car but it’s all been local driving (groceries, errands, nights out etc). With that being took a nice ride today after filling up the tank and resetting the the speedometer And I finally got 34 mpg. Feeling way better about this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
This sounds about like what I’m doing and I’m
Getting the same mileage. I work about 41 miles away from home. Thing is, I’ve been working from home since March of last year due to Covid. Only 1400 on the car but it’s all been local driving (groceries, errands, nights out etc). With that being took a nice ride today after filling up the tank and resetting the the speedometer And I finally got 34 mpg. Feeling way better about this now.

slow down to 70 and you’ll get 40+ mpg.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Went to the dealer today. As expected they found nothing and no new vehicles (2022 Civics) in stock to compare. Reaching out to Honda Corporate. Will update if I find out anything.

not sure if we’ve spoken in other posts, but I’m going into dealer to drop off on Friday morning. I’m getting average around 23 mpgs. Not discussing setting/factors - bc IT IS AN ISSUE point blank period.Service gal that took my call to schedule my appointment was very considerate and sounded concerned and apologetic about the issues that I was describing I’m having more than the mpg’s at this point start up issues and a couple of other things. My manufacture was 7/‘21 and in Canada. In the Facebook group I’m in a few of the other folks have shared the same issues with the same manufacture date and location there is definitely something going on. Going to see how I fair with the dealership And will take it further if needed. This is absolutely unacceptable. I spent 27,400 CASH (OTD) my third brand new Honda purchase and have never had any issues in the past. I have severe bone marrow failure and medical appointments or a full-time job for me right now so this is a massive headache to throw in on top of all of that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
slow down to 70 and you’ll get 40+ mpg.

Well would you look at that. I honestly think my problem was I wasn’t on the highway enough. Usually not driving considering I work from home but clearly hit the road again today for a bit. Got 43 mpg. Case closed.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Well would you look at that. I honestly think my problem was I wasn’t on the highway enough. Usually not driving considering I work from home but clearly hit the road again today for a bit. Got 43 mpg. Case closed.
💃🕺

·
Registered
34 Posts
Averaging about 220 miles for a full tank to the 0 range. Average mpg is 21mpg. 95% of driving is city stop and go with the AC on medium.
Sounds about right. I have 100% city and can average like 23 if I try hard. Range is usually closer to 300 though. Premium gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like I'm not alone, I was surprised to get 21 mpg on my new civic sport. I am still on my first tank of gas, mpg keeps dropping lol. I haven't done any wot pulls obviously due to break in period, but I haven't been driving like a granny either.

·
Registered
19 Posts

If your city driving is not just slow but short duration, that's a fuel economy killer for anything not an electric car. The first 5-10 minutes after you start the engine, it runs lean (uses more fuel) to warm up, and possibly to drive your climate control. With just about any car, you need to drive it for 10+ minutes for it to behave as expected - the EPA testing is done on fully warmed-up cars only.

Even in my CR-V hybrid, if all I do is drive it with 5-10 minute long local hops, I get 25 mpg, and I got it especially for the "better city than highway!" economy profile. (It's funny to see my MPG rise on the dashboard when I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 20+ minutes, though.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same issue. LX model 2022 bought in Canada. I had 16 Touring Civic and gas was good on it. I really wanted to get into an electric but Honda has been doing nothing in terms of options so I went for a new Civic thinking it would save me gas and money. I drive around 120 KM roundtrip 3-4 days a week and I am having to fill up once or twice a week. I actually believe my wife's Audi Q5 has better gas mileage than this thing. It is costing me around $50 to fill up the tank at around 1.36/L. I am at around 5,000KM and I thought it would 'break in' by now. This is absolutely ridicilous to be honest for a company to go backwards on gas mileage in this day and age.

As a side note, is anyone experiencing crappy bluetooth connection and loss during Apple Car Play?

41 - 60 of 65 Posts