11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went to the dealer today. As expected they found nothing and no new vehicles (2022 Civics) in stock to compare. Reaching out to Honda Corporate. Will update if I find out anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went to the dealer today. As expected they found nothing and no new vehicles (2022 Civics) in stock to compare. Reaching out to Honda Corporate. Will update if I find out anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let us know if you hear back. Im only 800 miles in, but not really getting better. Reset the trip and im getting 31mpg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tank 1: 27.4 MPG
Tank 2: 28 MPG
Tank 3: TBD

I think there has to be an issue here as Tank 1 was "City" but all back country roads with only 2 stop lights and Tank 2 was freeway the entire time.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It is not a fair question.
Even though few people already drive various gen11 trims, car is still very new.
Good point.

I just figured that some owners have already gone through at least a tank or two which might give a good idea of what mileage will continue to be like. Comparing that to a somewhat new car someone might have traded in could be fair. Of course It all depends.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2nd tank of gas, was getting 45 on the highway - long road trip, not in any special mode. ('22 Civic EX) I will say we left the auto engine power-off enabled. Pretty cool feature and the engine starts so fast I don't feel like there's a down side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2nd tank of gas, was getting 45 on the highway - long road trip, not in any special mode. ('22 Civic EX) I will say we left the auto engine power-off enabled. Pretty cool feature and the engine starts so fast I don't feel like there's a down side.
I don’t like the auto start at all, coupled with the brake hold it feels too abrupt/rough of a start for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Averaging 33.5 mpg overall now with touring after 1300 miles. 1/4 highway and the rest is in and out of town. I never catch myself using sport although I enjoyed it when first got the car. I'm only using eco on the highway which is 25 percent of the time. I have my start stop enabled. I don't mind it. Getting used to it. I remember riding in my friends "new" jeep at the time, and she had it and it was much much more severe of a jolt!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Still a little early, but I’m averaging 33-34MPG on my Touring. I’d say 50/50 city/highway. Just got it though. Still on my second tank of gas.

I’ve also been driving “DMV Mode”. Which I always do for the first 1000 miles when breaking in a new car. I try to keep the revs under 3,000RPM if possible. Let the engine break in a little. Which I’m sure helps MPG numbers.

The 28MPG the OP is seeing sounds a little low. If he isn’t driving with a lead foot. I would probably have the dealership look at it if the numbers don’t improve.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The highest the car told me (per my post above) was 45MPG
Calculated manually the MPGs per tank are -
31.7 (home from 2 hrs away, some around town driving, partial fill on first tank before we left for next trip),
38.6 (4 hrs to to VA Beach), and
32.9 (return from VA Beach trip and some commuting), total odometer: 819 now

·
Registered
89 Posts
How is everyone liking the mileage here compared to what they previously owned?
  • 1996 Ford Bronco 12 MPG no matter what.
  • 2011 Accord V6 was averaging 21 MPG. 27 MPG was the best I ever got road tripping to Vegas.
  • 2022 Civic Touring is averaging about 37 MPG mixed commute in Econ mode. I saw 45 MPG for one moderate length but slow highway drive, and also 23 MPG for a very spirited run through the mountains 😁

Finishing off tank 3 with an average of 34 MPG; seems like a little engine break in goes a long way with MPG.
Sweet!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I filled up two days ago and put it in Econ mode and have only been getting 20mpg. This is in an EX which has the highest rated mileage. Granted this is in SUPER hot Florida with air set to 72 usually. Driven only in city with probably about 5 traffic lights within a three minute trip to work. I haven’t driven on the highway yet but I want to definitely compare.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I filled up two days ago and put it in Econ mode and have only been getting 20mpg. This is in an EX which has the highest rated mileage. Granted this is in SUPER hot Florida with air set to 72 usually. Driven only in city with probably about 5 traffic lights within a three minute trip to work. I haven’t driven on the highway yet but I want to definitely compare.
That’s not enough distance to get accurate numbers. Once you hit a highway your numbers will improve.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts