11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pissed! I traded in my 2008 Infiniti G37 hoping to get a 400+ mile range in fuel because I got sick and tired of having to fill up every 3 days. HOWEVER I currently have 1,300 miles on my ‘22 Civic but it’s still showing I’m averaging 27 mpg with a 340 mile range!!.. literally the EXACT fuel economy as my G37!! I am starting to wonder if there might be a problem! Because I had 2020 Kia Forte brand new last year and I was averaging 35-38 mpg!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to Amish country yesterday and got 40.1 MPG (Mostly highway). Break-in tank was 31. (22 Sport)

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L
16 Posts
I too am seeing much higher average MPGs than you, up to 42 in ECON mode on my 40ish mile commute to work. And that's with about half a dozen stoplights sprinkled around three major highway runs (I keep the auto engine shutoff enabled). It's hard for me to keep it under 25 MPG even in Sport mode on the back roads. My last 1300 mile average is just under 37.

I would absolutely get your Sport looked at if everything else seems to be functioning properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too am seeing much higher average MPGs than you, up to 42 in ECON mode on my 40ish mile commute to work. And that's with about half a dozen stoplights sprinkled around three major highway runs (I keep the auto engine shutoff enabled). It's hard for me to keep it under 25 MPG even in Sport mode on the back roads. My last 1300 mile average is just under 37.

I would absolutely get your Sport looked at if everything else seems to be functioning properly.
Do you think I should reset the Trip A and B to see if that will help? I have Trip B set to when I first got the car.. and I reset Trip A every time I fill up

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L
16 Posts
Do you think I should reset the Trip A and B to see if that will help? I have Trip B set to when I first got the car.. and I reset Trip A every time I fill up
I do something similar - I have kept Trip B rolling since the week of picking up the car, and Trip A is reset once a week. That has not negatively impacted MPG in my case.

Looks like a few other forum users are running into this issue. I'm wondering if its a problem with fuel delivery, air intake, ECU programming, or a combination thereof. Perhaps comparing VINs could indicate a potential for this being a widespread issue among a certain batch of Civics built. Either way, I would definitely schedule a visit to the dealer. For reference, here is the average MPG from a typical trip for me.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey @Everheart27

Have you spoke to your Honda dealer/Honda corporate about it yet?
There's a good chance this might be an actual issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am pissed! I traded in my 2008 Infiniti G37 hoping to get a 400+ mile range in fuel because I got sick and tired of having to fill up every 3 days. HOWEVER I currently have 1,300 miles on my ‘22 Civic but it’s still showing I’m averaging 27 mpg with a 340 mile range!!.. literally the EXACT fuel economy as my G37!! I am starting to wonder if there might be a problem! Because I had 2020 Kia Forte brand new last year and I was averaging 35-38 mpg!!
my 22 sport is averaging 33.8 lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
So my 2022 Touring just finished my first tank and I too landed right on 27 MPG. That is with 34 miles round trip to work all back roads and 2 lights... rather shocked at how low it is!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah im getting terrible gas mileage on my 22 touring as well. Im on the 3rd tank of gas now, been averaging 28 mpg no matter how I drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone actually looked into this or taken their vehicle back to the dealership/service? I have an appt Saturday morning. 900 miles avg 28 mpg in Econ mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone actually looked into this or taken their vehicle back to the dealership/service? I have an appt Saturday morning. 900 miles avg 28 mpg in Econ mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have an appointment two weeks from now for my handful of rattling issues. Will go through another tank by then and if I don’t see above 27 I’ll bring it up to them, seems really weird!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an appointment two weeks from now for my handful of rattling issues. Will go through another tank by then and if I don’t see above 27 I’ll bring it up to them, seems really weird!
All I can tell you is that my '19 Sport averaged over 35 mpg in normal mode. In "eco" I got 36.5 mpg. My '22 Touring only gets 30.5 in normal mode with the occasional switch to sport mode. If I were to guess I'd say you're running rich (no shit eh?) Maybe you can have the dealer check your air/fuel ratios?

·
Registered
22 Posts
All I can tell you is that my '19 Sport averaged over 35 mpg in normal mode. In "eco" I got 36.5 mpg. My '22 Touring only gets 30.5 in normal mode with the occasional switch to sport mode. If I were to guess I'd say you're running rich (no shit eh?) Maybe you can have the dealer check your air/fuel ratios?
Yeah sounds about right, I am hoping its just some engine break in needed and tank 2 will be better! Trip to the coast this weekend, so should be a good test!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do something similar - I have kept Trip B rolling since the week of picking up the car, and Trip A is reset once a week. That has not negatively impacted MPG in my case.

Looks like a few other forum users are running into this issue. I'm wondering if its a problem with fuel delivery, air intake, ECU programming, or a combination thereof. Perhaps comparing VINs could indicate a potential for this being a widespread issue among a certain batch of Civics built. Either way, I would definitely schedule a visit to the dealer. For reference, here is the average MPG from a typical trip for me.

View attachment 2973

This was after I reset trip A when I had 50 miles left to E. I heard the fuel range goes off the last 50 miles or so. So yeah I quickly averaged about 38-40 on my way to and from work. But now that I refilled and did a little City driving it’s lingering around 33-34 mpg mark I’ve used ECON mode for a week now. I should’ve noticed it when I left the dealership the day I got it but I’m gonna test it next week to see what it does, then I’ll contact my dealership if it dropped to 28-30 mpg

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yeah sounds about right, I am hoping its just some engine break in needed and tank 2 will be better! Trip to the coast this weekend, so should be a good test!
How many miles have you put on your Civic so far?
I believe break in is usually around 2,500 miles on average. It could be a bit more/less.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts