11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Auto Trader is showing a white hatch sport touring MT at a Dealer in NJ. Looks like no crazy markup!
View attachment 8178 View attachment 8178
Well that’s a
Water Liquid Road surface Asphalt Flooring
good sign that maybe it’s finally settling down. 6 speed too, I like that, CVT was the one concession I had to make. My last civic took a swim and I couldn’t take my time replacing it

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in the same boat and same location; I wound up getting mine in Plattsburgh. I heard a tip on a large volume dealer in western Connecticut that apparently was doing MSRP but never followed up to figure out which. Call them, there's not that many. You're not going to find one for MSRP in the metro area. Look rural. Good luck!!
I just put a deposit down to try and get a '22 Civic Hatch Sport Touring in Manual with the Gray from Executive Honda in Wallingford, Connecticut. They do have fees but it isn't completely unreasonable (within 2k of MSRP after fees) and it comes with a Lifetime Powertrain warranty. I feel good about them so far.. can't say much though until the car comes in etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well just a quick update. I haven't been able to find one without a markup yet. The lowest i've seen is $2.5k that's hidden in the mandatory dealer accessories. Originally I was going to keep my current car (2015 Mazda3s 6spd manual) and buy the new GR86 as my second car. But then I realized my Mazda is actually worth like 5-6 thousand more than it should because of the market. So I figured it was a no brainer to trade it in to get the Civic Si at MSRP. But i'm not so sure with these crazy markups.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well just a quick update. I haven't been able to find one without a markup yet. The lowest i've seen is $2.5k that's hidden in the mandatory dealer accessories. Originally I was going to keep my current car (2015 Mazda3s 6spd manual) and buy the new GR86 as my second car. But then I realized my Mazda is actually worth like 5-6 thousand more than it should because of the market. So I figured it was a no brainer to trade it in to get the Civic Si at MSRP. But i'm not so sure with these crazy markups.
Wondering did your dealer quote 5 or 6 over towards the trade in or are those numbers what you’ve found, I’d gone through much the same situations on numerous potential deals these past Covid Supply Chain years. That 86 was tempting

·
Registered
21 Posts
2500 in dealer accessories is something you absolutely can negotiate down. Especially if they haven't received the vehicle yet. Once that crap gets installed on the car it's harder to negotiate because they're less likely to strip the car down. Best bet is to go in with a price quote as built on Hondas corporate site as a point of reference. They're making money on the cars MSRP, making money on your trade, they're making money on their doc fees, probably making money on the dmv fees, they're making money if you finance thru them ( make sure you check financing deals with local credit unions and when you find the best one tell them look this is what I'm getting from my credit union but I'm willing to go thru you if you can match it, they'll get you within a point of what ever number you give them as long as your credit is good). They're not going to lose a sale over their own greed if you go in there as an educated buyer and stick to your guns. They might even go so far as to say you need to walk away but always stay in the game until you get the deal you want.
With mine I ended up paying about 1500 over msrp and after buying the add-ons thru hondapartsconnection.com and installing them myself I was pretty much right at MSRP on the car I priced out online. When you get the Sales Manager to the point you think he wants to punch you in the face that's when you know you've hit the limit. Now you have the out the door price... you have your term and rate... calculate the payment yourself and lnow exactly what the deal is. Then go in the and stone wall the finance manager on all the bullshit warranty and gap and blah blah blah...

·
Registered
124 Posts
2500 in dealer accessories is something you absolutely can negotiate down. Especially if they haven't received the vehicle yet. Once that crap gets installed on the car it's harder to negotiate because they're less likely to strip the car down. Best bet is to go in with a price quote as built on Hondas corporate site as a point of reference. They're making money on the cars MSRP, making money on your trade, they're making money on their doc fees, probably making money on the dmv fees, they're making money if you finance thru them ( make sure you check financing deals with local credit unions and when you find the best one tell them look this is what I'm getting from my credit union but I'm willing to go thru you if you can match it, they'll get you within a point of what ever number you give them as long as your credit is good). They're not going to lose a sale over their own greed if you go in there as an educated buyer and stick to your guns. They might even go so far as to say you need to walk away but always stay in the game until you get the deal you want.
With mine I ended up paying about 1500 over msrp and after buying the add-ons thru hondapartsconnection.com and installing them myself I was pretty much right at MSRP on the car I priced out online. When you get the Sales Manager to the point you think he wants to punch you in the face that's when you know you've hit the limit. Now you have the out the door price... you have your term and rate... calculate the payment yourself and lnow exactly what the deal is. Then go in the and stone wall the finance manager on all the bullshit warranty and gap and blah blah blah...
Oh You're Good, are you my Long lost son? I tell all my friends to operate like this, one last important task...Get it ALL in writing. Good bye son! 😃

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was in the same boat and same location; I wound up getting mine in Plattsburgh. I heard a tip on a large volume dealer in western Connecticut that apparently was doing MSRP but never followed up to figure out which. Call them, there's not that many. You're not going to find one for MSRP in the metro area. Look rural. Good luck!!
Do you know which dealership that was?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts