11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i'm planning on buying a Civic Si in the NYC area. Does anyone know of a dealership within 100 miles from here that is selling a Civic Si at MSRP? Most want $5k markup which is pretty crazy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went to one dealer who wanted MRSP, but their $800 “protection package was mandatory. I thought that was fair since another near dealer wanted $3000 over invoice. But that dealer couldn’t get an allocation so Inwent to a third dealer who is allocated one and they just want MSRP +TTL and they’re trading cars with another dealer with one of the cars being built in the same week to get the color I want. If everything goes right with no surprises they’ll get my business for a long time to come.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dang. How are some folks on here getting MSRP??
It's all about searching dealerships until you find one doing msrp. I called/went to all dealerships in my area until I found one willing to do msrp. They had an $800 additional stuff but easily removed it when I said I don't want it. I put deposit on an incoming unit. It was very smooth since no forced packages, no pressure in the F&I even though paying cash.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
124 Posts
I'm in NH and I'm working with a dealer in Michigan because the sales guy is responsive and not despondent like the local salespeople all are, and (I'm fairly certain :unsure:) it's an MSRP dealer!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi everyone, i'm planning on buying a Civic Si in the NYC area. Does anyone know of a dealership within 100 miles from here that is selling a Civic Si at MSRP? Most want $5k markup which is pretty crazy.
You need to do a dealership search with those requirements an requests, most dealers will ship vehicles and comply with all regs. Ask questions n get proof of answers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was in the same boat and same location; I wound up getting mine in Plattsburgh. I heard a tip on a large volume dealer in western Connecticut that apparently was doing MSRP but never followed up to figure out which. Call them, there's not that many. You're not going to find one for MSRP in the metro area. Look rural. Good luck!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bought my from salesman Braedan at Maguire Honda in Ithaca NY for MSRP. Tell him David who bought the Si sent you.

Della Honda in Plattsburg NY was also MSRP but had a $350 protection package which was reasonable. check other Della dealerships also as they might also be MSRP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my Si from Burns Honda in Marlton NJ for 32.9 out the door. They initially had it marked up to 35.5 but being that it was still in transit I was able talk them down and told them I didn't want any dealer add-ons. It was like pulling teeth but I was happy with the deal. I installed the all weather mats, illuminated door sills, black out emblems and Si valve caps that I got from Honda Parts Connection for 460 shipped.
Stay away from Hamilton Honda... those animals had a SGP Si marked up to 42.5

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in NJ, when I bought my sport touring hatch everyone was looking for 10,000 over msrp. Used air miles to go to Michigan to buy mine at MSRP. I know that’s not an option for everyone. But you could probably save money buy buying out of state and shipping it too

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
124 Posts
I’m in NJ, when I bought my sport touring hatch everyone was looking for 10,000 over msrp. Used air miles to go to Michigan to buy mine at MSRP. I know that’s not an option for everyone. But you could probably save money buy buying out of state and shipping it too
Hey, who'd you use in Mich?* I'll be flying out there when/if my car ever gets ordered/delivered! I'm working with Serra in Brighton.

*should I be keeping this secret?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, who'd you use in Mich?* I'll be flying out there when/if my car ever gets ordered/delivered! I'm working with Serra in Brighton.

*should I be keeping this secret?
crown motors in Holland Michigan, I dont think we should keep it secret. What they’re doing out here borders on criminal how they’re price gouging. I had an amazing experience buying from them and would encourage everyone to find a way to make out of state work based on the mark ups

1 - 20 of 40 Posts