11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
46 Posts
My Touring makes quite a bit of tire noise on rough pavement but it has UHP tires. On smooth payment they are not bad. I think going to a Grand Touring tire would quiet things down a bit. The Goodyear Sports are designed to last long so they have a hard compound (I read somewhere). Other than that the car is no louder than the 2020 EX-L I had before. Those Firestone tires it had were just as noisy on similar pavement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi - my 2022 Civic Touring is much louder then my 2020 Insight.
Was especially loud when I increased the air pressure up 3lbs hoping to improve my gas mileage
Dropped it back to factory specs and it was better.
Will be replacing these tires with Bridgestone quiet tracks

·
46 Posts
Hi - my 2022 Civic Touring is much louder then my 2020 Insight.
Was especially loud when I increased the air pressure up 3lbs hoping to improve my gas mileage
Dropped it back to factory specs and it was better.
Will be replacing these tires with Bridgestone quiet tracks
I would be interested in the results of the Quiet Tracks, please keep us posted.

·
46 Posts
I took the plunge and bought Michelin Primacy Tour A/S Grand Touring all season tires today. Replacing the Goodyear Eagle Sport UHP all season tires. Purchased them at my local Discount tire store. I had a long talk with their people about various brands & model tires and about going up to a 45 series since there's more choices. Their computer database usually has one or two alternate sizes but for the Civics with 18" wheels it only recommends the factory size of 235-40-18. I was told a 235-45-18 would probably work just fine but it was my call. After some discussion it was decided the ride comfort going up in size would be minimal. They had the Michelin in stock so I pulled the trigger. I've only got 30 miles or so under my belt but first impression is they are smoother. You can tell the difference over the Goodyear. Noise level is lower but I'll keep you posted after I drive it back and forth to work the next couple weeks. Hoping to recoup at least half selling the Goodyear's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I took the plunge and bought Michelin Primacy Tour A/S Grand Touring all season tires today. Replacing the Goodyear Eagle Sport UHP all season tires. Purchased them at my local Discount tire store. I had a long talk with their people about various brands & model tires and about going up to a 45 series since there's more choices. Their computer database usually has one or two alternate sizes but for the Civics with 18" wheels it only recommends the factory size of 235-40-18. I was told a 235-45-18 would probably work just fine but it was my call. After some discussion it was decided the ride comfort going up in size would be minimal. They had the Michelin in stock so I pulled the trigger. I've only got 30 miles or so under my belt but first impression is they are smoother. You can tell the difference over the Goodyear. Noise level is lower but I'll keep you posted after I drive it back and forth to work the next couple weeks. Hoping to recoup at least half selling the Goodyear's.
Congrat - I will be doing the same - but with Continental QuietTracks. Spoke to the head tech guy in service at my Honda Dealer - he said the 2022 civics software cannot not be reprogramed to 235/45/18s - to date = might change.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
87 Posts
Actually, after 275km the road noise is not as bad. Either the tires just need to be broken in or my ears are getting accustomed to the noise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts