11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been keeping an eye on the used prices of these cars and I'm seeing a lot more popping up for sale. They seem to be holding their value of over MSRP but I got a feeling they will start dropping in price once the market is oversaturated. I wonder why so many are on the lot with 1-5k miles?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on the used prices of these cars and I'm seeing a lot more popping up for sale. They seem to be holding their value of over MSRP but I got a feeling they will start dropping in price once the market is oversaturated. I wonder why so many are on the lot with 1-5k miles?
Everyone I know with the 11th gen Si complains about the seats. A lot of discomfort without lumbar support is the most common complaint. Or, maybe people made profit by selling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If Americans are dumping them, it may be after they realize the Canadians get a Touring Si for less money than they paid for an American EX Si? I've thought about dumping mine, but the reality is it's hard to get anything new in this market, so I keep on daily driving it. There is a point made earlier, reference the seats. Much like the Ford ST the seats are heavily bolstered, so not really made for the larger frame folks. I'm 6 ft, 198 with over 17,000 miles on my Si with one drive over 12 hours straight with no seat complaints. I will definitely complain about the lack of features in a car sold over MSRP, made in the same factory as the Canadian Si, but that's for another day. I wonder if the folks at the factory giggle when the underwhelming American version goes down the line? Are they embarrassed when they add the Si logos?

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
476 Posts
Repossessions?

maybe dumping in preparation to upgrade to the R?
That's my best guess

In which case these Si's may be on the beaten path, so to speak - if you knew you were only gonna keep it for one year, and are the sort to want a Type R, I'm guessing you're no stranger to that red zone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone I know with the 11th gen Si complains about the seats. A lot of discomfort without lumbar support is the most common complaint.
I LOVE the seats in my Si.
If Americans are dumping them, it may be after they realize the Canadians get a Touring Si for less money than they paid for an American EX Si? I've thought about dumping mine, but the reality is it's hard to get anything new in this market, so I keep on daily driving it. There is a point made earlier, reference the seats. Much like the Ford ST the seats are heavily bolstered, so not really made for the larger frame folks. I'm 6 ft, 198 with over 17,000 miles on my Si with one drive over 12 hours straight with no seat complaints. I will definitely complain about the lack of features in a car sold over MSRP, made in the same factory as the Canadian Si, but that's for another day. I wonder if the folks at the factory giggle when the underwhelming American version goes down the line? Are they embarrassed when they add the Si logos?
I knew those things but still wanted it. The shift lights are gimmicky but I will miss heated seats come winter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not too surprised, and I don't think it has anything to do with the US "ghetto" spec SI that we got. Dealers (at least here in Dallas) have been marking up SI's for so much, those who really wanted on got one albeit at a significant markup. On the other hand we have Carmax/Carvana offering pretty much what the average MSRP + markup has been. In my case, they offered me $1K more than I paid for my SI but i'm still keeping it. I've seen several Type R's on Carmax with relatively low miles and I bet the same will occur with the upcoming Type R.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the idea that people are trying to get the "Canadian" Si might be a bitch far fetched. The majority of people finance their cars. American banks will not finance a Canadian titled car. So, anyone who wants one has to pay cash and bring it to the states to get titled.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got one OTD for low 30s. I have nearly 10k miles on it and was recently offered 35k in a trade in. Thats probably why you are seeing them now. People are flipping because, well, the dealers can charge nearly 40K for used models.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
69 Posts
I’m going to assume it’s a lot of people realizing they could get out now while still being ahead. For myself I plan on getting rid of my Si if I can get a Type-R reasonably. Mine has 13k miles tho :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’m going to assume it’s a lot of people realizing they could get out now while still being ahead. For myself I plan on getting rid of my Si if I can get a Type-R reasonably. Mine has 13k miles tho :)
I think people have probably already missed the sweet spot. Ive traded a lot of cars over the last year but the used car prices are so high now that even making a net profit (if you bought msrp or only a bit higher) will still have you with approx 35k in hand looking at a market full of cars where 35k doesn't get you that much.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
69 Posts
I think people have probably already missed the sweet spot. Ive traded a lot of cars over the last year but the used car prices are so high now that even making a net profit (if you bought msrp or only a bit higher) will still have you with approx 35k in hand looking at a market full of cars where 35k doesn't get you that much.
That is very true if you are planning on swapping for a new car in the same price range/segment it doesn’t leave you with much.
How I look at it is for myself is if I could get in the $33-35k range for the car it would leave me with around 4-6k equity I can put towards that type r. Also, the selling of the vehicle to that dealership either prior to buying a type r or as a trade in may gain some type of bargaining edge with that particular dealership with markup pricing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not too surprised, and I don't think it has anything to do with the US "ghetto" spec SI that we got. Dealers (at least here in Dallas) have been marking up SI's for so much, those who really wanted on got one albeit at a significant markup. On the other hand we have Carmax/Carvana offering pretty much what the average MSRP + markup has been. In my case, they offered me $1K more than I paid for my SI but i'm still keeping it. I've seen several Type R's on Carmax with relatively low miles and I bet the same will occur with the upcoming Type R.
I'm live in Dallas as well.
Sent a quote to one of dealership in Richardson, they asked $41k driver out. LOL

Gonna wait until end of the year to see if I could get a better deal when 2023 comes out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts