11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have enjoyed a 2015 orange Si as a daily from new. Been a great little car, good sport to drive yet fine to take to Sams for a big haul. When we saw the orange Si has returned and with sensible design language, I had a deposit down within the hour.

The Si has shared our driveway with some fun stuff, including most recently a McLaren 720 in Papaya Spark. Orange vehicles abound at our place, very excited to bring this one home next year.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice! Keep us posted on delivery times. Did your dealer give you any indication of when they might arrive?

Also... what Lotuses? I've always been a huge Lotus fan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gave a deposit, going by tomorrow to get into more specifics.

We have had three Lotus, a 1974 Europa Special in JPS livery, 2005 Elise full track prepped, 2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition.

Currently have the track car in our garage, and the Evora resides just a few miles away after living across the continent for a few years.

I’ll post some pics in the showcase.

Reactions: 182022

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The green on the Elise and Evora is stunning!
Very nice.
They are a different green. The Elise is “Lotus racing green”. It is metallic but darker. The Evora is a 25 year commemorative of Lotus’ win at Indy with Jimmy Clark. It’s called “Motorsport green” but I call it “Indy green”. Many people say they “don’t usually like green but this is stunning”.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Amazing @Xhilr8n!
That Elise is amazing.

I have to ask: what brought you to Lotus?

The Evora for me is just OK. It's cool... but hard to put up against a modern Cayman.

The Elise/Exige, however, are just so damn unique. Nothing like them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazing @Xhilr8n!
That Elise is amazing.

I have to ask: what brought you to Lotus?

The Evora for me is just OK. It's cool... but hard to put up against a modern Cayman.

The Elise/Exige, however, are just so damn unique. Nothing like them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously, that opening and show left an impression on a 14 year old. That and Lotus winning Formula One year after year with that same black and gold as the car I was able to finally bring to our garage at age 55.

But my first Lotus the Elise. The beauty of that car is that it so easily lends itself to tracking and appropriate modifications.

So many cars are so fast, but they are like Tennis racquets. It’s more important who is doing the driving than which of two similar cars we have.

Over these last few years we have been fortunate enough to have some truly fast machinery at home. Just let go of a 720 in Papaya Spark. Lotus grown up. Way up.

But what fun is a supercar that doubles the speed limit in two seconds. I love going after that perfect shift (will never use auto rev match in the new Si) and anticipating the power needs, working with very good but still challenged suspension. The sport of driving much more available with an Si than a supercar.

And could go through McDonalds leaving a fry under the seat and it’s no tragedy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts