11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Loan Secured! What first parts did you guys buy?

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  11civicman 
#1 ·
My old car cleared my bank so I was able to apply for a new car loan and thankfully approved! This is my first car loan under my name and well co-signed with my parents, not sure if there rates are good well I know its better than others but I got 72 months 3.19%

Moving on from loan stuff. What did you guys buy before your car came?
I'm ordering tuxmat floor mats... BTW JUST RESTOCKED!!!! and a few other small things like screen protector and other stuff.

I still haven't heard anything about my car. I'm pretty sure the build was delayed (April 3-7) but I hope it'll come soon.

#10 ·
I gotta chime in here. When I bought my '17 Sport Hatch, it was a big stretch for me, moving out of a lease into purchasing for the first time in a long time. I wanted a car I adore and would last. I could only afford the 72 month purchase plan. And because it's a really nice Civic, and a crazy time for cars right now, its worth almost as much as I paid for it 5 years ago!! These cars hold their value if you take care of them.

#3 ·
Congrats on getting a new car! It’s exciting! Don’t let the other post get you down. If you can pay off a little more each month, do it. If you can’t, just don’t miss a payment or else it will ruin your credit score which will affect other things. My civic touring just came in yesterday! I haven’t purchased anything for it yet aside from a car wash wand and new bucket. I had them swap out some accessories they wanted to add with all weather mats and trunk. When you get your car, post some pics!

#4 ·
Na no ones gonna get me down lol its my first loan under my name so I don’t expect a low low % and I plan on putting extra around $200 extra a month or more depending on my paycheck for the week. I shouldn’t miss any payments but if I do I kept my parents in mind and made sure its a monthly they can help me if needed

#11 · (Edited)
It's good that you were approved for a loan, even with such interest payments it's better to have a car than to have nothing at all. I also took out a loan and a mortgage and I know how difficult it`s psychologically, just from knowing that I have to pay. However, at least I had all the things I needed in time. The only important rule is that you should only take a loan from a reputable firm, such as I did with Mortgage Advisor London. And the next important point is to buy only what you really can pay back. But since your parents can help you, it shouldn't be so difficult.

#14 · (Edited)
Congrats on getting approved for your car loan! It's always exciting to get a new car, especially when it's your first one. I hope the build for your car gets back on track and that you receive it soon. As for what I bought before getting my car, I got some basic accessories like a phone mount and a portable charger. I also invested in a good set of seat covers and floor mats to keep my car looking nice and clean. Speaking of floor mats, I've heard good things about Tuxmat floor mats. It's great to hear that they've restocked, I might have to check them out!

#15 · (Edited)
Before my car came, I got some basic stuff like a phone mount and a portable charger. I also invested in some good seat covers and floor mats to keep everything clean. Speaking of floor mats, I recently heard about Tuxmat floor mats, and I heard they're really good. Glad to hear they restocked. I might have to check them out! By the way, I'm new to this forum, and I recently discovered Mortgage Broker in Northampton. They've been helpful to me when it comes to different types of loans, so maybe they could help you too. Can't wait to see pictures of your new ride once it arrives!

#18 ·
Congrats on your first new car, and 3.19% is a decent rate (co-signers helped a ton). My first new car, as a young Soldier in the Army, was a radio delete 1990 Chevy Cavalier 5 speed, without a cosigner at 18%, so you did well at 3.19%, especially in this economy. I second another opinion in this string, minimize the accessories and throw more money towards your payment. Even a Honda can out-kick its coverage on value, and certainly with your length of loan. Try to get to a point where it's worth more than you owe. The more you pay in, (pay down the principal) the less they get in interest, and the stronger your position if you want to sell or trade down the road, or God forbid total it.

#19 · (Edited)
Hey, congrats on getting your car loan secured! That's awesome news. 3.19% for 72 months sounds like a pretty decent rate to me, especially with your parents co-signing. Good job!
As for what I bought while waiting for my car, I went for some practical upgrades too. I got some tuxmat floor mats, which I heard are top-notch. And nice to hear they're back in stock! I also grabbed a screen protector and a few other small accessories.
I know the waiting game can be tough, but hang in there. Sometimes car builds get delayed, but hopefully, your car will arrive soon. By the way, if you need any financial advice or assistance, you should check out Mortgage Broker in Wakefield. They could be helpful resource.