11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback Boost Blue
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old car cleared my bank so I was able to apply for a new car loan and thankfully approved! This is my first car loan under my name and well co-signed with my parents, not sure if there rates are good well I know its better than others but I got 72 months 3.19%

Moving on from loan stuff. What did you guys buy before your car came?
I'm ordering tuxmat floor mats... BTW JUST RESTOCKED!!!! and a few other small things like screen protector and other stuff.

I still haven't heard anything about my car. I'm pretty sure the build was delayed (April 3-7) but I hope it'll come soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on getting a new car! It’s exciting! Don’t let the other post get you down. If you can pay off a little more each month, do it. If you can’t, just don’t miss a payment or else it will ruin your credit score which will affect other things. My civic touring just came in yesterday! I haven’t purchased anything for it yet aside from a car wash wand and new bucket. I had them swap out some accessories they wanted to add with all weather mats and trunk. When you get your car, post some pics!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on getting a new car! It’s exciting! Don’t let the other post get you down. If you can pay off a little more each month, do it. If you can’t, just don’t miss a payment or else it will ruin your credit score which will affect other things. My civic touring just came in yesterday! I haven’t purchased anything for it yet aside from a car wash wand and new bucket. I had them swap out some accessories they wanted to add with all weather mats and trunk. When you get your car, post some pics!
Na no ones gonna get me down lol its my first loan under my name so I don’t expect a low low % and I plan on putting extra around $200 extra a month or more depending on my paycheck for the week. I shouldn’t miss any payments but if I do I kept my parents in mind and made sure its a monthly they can help me if needed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Na no ones gonna get me down lol its my first loan under my name so I don’t expect a low low % and I plan on putting extra around $200 extra a month or more depending on my paycheck for the week. I shouldn’t miss any payments but if I do I kept my parents in mind and made sure its a monthly they can help me if needed
Nice! Does yours come with tinted windows? Mine doesn’t and I am looking around. So many choices! I’m thinking 25% rear and side back windows but don’t know if that will be too dark at night

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! Does yours come with tinted windows? Mine doesn’t and I am looking around. So many choices! I’m thinking 25% rear and side back windows but don’t know if that will be too dark at night
I have a tint install scheduled in May hopefully thr car makes it by then. I usually get 15% all around no windshield. I think 15% is perfect day and night but if you have a hard time seeing at night I suggest 25%. I’ve done both percentages in my previous cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a tint install scheduled in May hopefully thr car makes it by then. I usually get 15% all around no windshield. I think 15% is perfect day and night but if you have a hard time seeing at night I suggest 25%. I’ve done both percentages in my previous cars.
I did 15% all around and it’s plenty dark and adds a good amount of privacy.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
248 Posts
@LagHDA - you got a 6 year loan at 3.19%. I hate to be a downer, but I'd spend your money for parts on paying down your debt. 72 months on a Civic is not typically a wise financial decision.
I gotta chime in here. When I bought my '17 Sport Hatch, it was a big stretch for me, moving out of a lease into purchasing for the first time in a long time. I wanted a car I adore and would last. I could only afford the 72 month purchase plan. And because it's a really nice Civic, and a crazy time for cars right now, its worth almost as much as I paid for it 5 years ago!! These cars hold their value if you take care of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's good that you were approved for a loan, even with such interest payments it's better to have a car than to have nothing at all. I also took out a loan and a mortgage and I know how difficult it`s psychologically, just from knowing that I have to pay. However, at least I had all the things I needed in time. The only important rule is that you should only take a loan from a reputable firm, such as I did with Mortgage Advisor London. And the next important point is to buy only what you really can pay back. But since your parents can help you, it shouldn't be so difficult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts